Netflix "Narcos" Season 1 Thread

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
honestly...they moved through the series too fast smh. they could've slowed it down and made it much better that way if season one for isntance was only about building the trade.

Yup breh..it feels like a rushed project at times ..still great tho.

They should have told his story from the begininng imo

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
It's a lot now too breh that's 60 million a day. Even though it's a lot how the hell do you launder all that money.

tumblr_nu2lwqq1n21s4l3o5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu2lwqq1n21s4l3o5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu2lwqq1n21s4l3o5o3_1280.jpg

Narcos-Netflix.jpg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yea 3 episodes in and its not for me. Its like the creators only expected 2 seasons max so they rushing through damn near everything. No build, no arc, nothing. And I hate the fact that the story is told from some random cac DEA POV. Is the columbian version better as far as the pacing?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yea 3 episodes in and its not for me. Its like the creators only expected 2 seasons max so they rushing through damn near everything. No build, no arc, nothing. And I hate the fact that the story is told from some random cac DEA POV. Is the columbian version better as far as the pacing?
Yeah they started from when he was a kid and when he first got into the business. He was a petty thief and then moved into the drug trade. The version I saw is just like breaking bad. You can see the transition into pure evil along the way. Lots of character development thru the series.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they started from when he was a kid and when he first got into the business. He was a petty thief and then moved into the drug trade. The version I saw is just like breaking bad. You can see the transition into pure evil along the way. Lots of character development thru the series.

Yea they just start with him being a kingpin already threatening officers. No buildup of him coming from being a car thief and working/building his way up. I really hate that DEA and the way he narrates in that bland, condescending tone. I wanted to like this but I can tell it's a rushed, Americanized cliched cornfest. Episodes and plots rush through like someone built a script off Wikipedia entries. How does Pablo announce for congress, win, get dismissed, and kill the justice minister all in 20 minutes? The three sex scenes were so cliched. They just stuck that in there because it's Netflix and they can. They hooker they rescue and kill half the block for like a GTA mission is not mentioned ever again. No follow up. No retaliation. Nothing. They get burned by that corrupt cop over and over again like idiots and still pay him. It's nonsensical even for a drug crime drama. I am shocked this show is getting praised like this

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yea they just start with him being a kingpin already threatening officers. No buildup of him coming from being a car thief and working/building his way up. I really hate that DEA and the way he narrates in that bland, condescending tone. I wanted to like this but I can tell it's a rushed, Americanized cliched cornfest. Episodes and plots rush through like someone built a script off Wikipedia entries. How does Pablo announce for congress, win, get dismissed, and kill the justice minister all in 20 minutes? The three sex scenes were so cliched. They just stuck that in there because it's Netflix and they can. They hooker they rescue and kill half the block for like a GTA mission is not mentioned ever again. No follow up. No retaliation. Nothing. They get burned by that corrupt cop over and over again like idiots and still pay him. It's nonsensical even for a drug crime drama. I am shocked this show is getting praised like this
yea...that bothered me too man

but i dunno...the show is good. i really think it was meant to be a miniseries and then got a great reaction
but like...they covered 20 years in ten episodes...and now in the next two years pablo will be dead. how many seasons can thhey stretch that for :confused: