Netflix "Narcos" Season 1 Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yo i'm watching episode 2 and the reporter chick was like, you wanna put it in my ASS my reaction was like:

L467bLT.gif

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yea...that bothered me too man

but i dunno...the show is good. i really think it was meant to be a miniseries and then got a great reaction
but like...they covered 20 years in ten episodes...and now in the next two years pablo will be dead. how many seasons can thhey stretch that for :confused:
Prequel episodes galore :ohlawd:

They did waaaaay too much in just 10 episodes.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's wild that y'all somehow think it would've been a better show it was moved slower. The fact that EVERY episode was eventful was what made it dope as hell to me.

I agree. At first, I thought they were moving too fast also. But then I realized on my re-watch something eventful happens every episode. There literally were no filler episodes. That's what I really appreciated. Plus, you gotta take into account this series isn't just about Escobar. Next season finishes up Escobar's story and then deals with the Cali cartel. This show can easily go 5 or 6 seasons once they make it to the Mexican Cartels.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I agree. At first, I thought they were moving too fast also. But then I realized on my re-watch something eventful happens every episode. There literally were no filler episodes. That's what I really appreciated. Plus, you gotta take into account this series isn't just about Escobar. Next season finishes up Escobar's story and then deals with the Cali cartel. This show can easily go 5 or 6 seasons once they make it to the Mexican Cartels.
Ya I didn't realize it wasn't just about Escobar so it makes more sense. Hopefully they get a nice budget next season

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Ya I didn't realize it wasn't just about Escobar so it makes more sense. Hopefully they get a nice budget next season
This show is only meant to last two seasons... They miscalculated badly. Should have stretched it out to 4 or 5 seasons. Showing his beginnings as a smuggler in S1, his intro to cocaine in S2, his growth from airline smuggling to single engine props smuggling in S3, his overgrowth, political dramas and clash with Cali cartel in S4 and the intro of the alphabet boys and the guerrillas in S5 with the series finale.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I haven't finished it yet. But it has always been alluded that the Escobar story was only one season. And they will move on to other Narco traffickers.

I'm on episode 5 and they are already in 1989. Escobar was killed if I'm not mistaken in 1993. So I think it will end with his death.

Personally I think they could've slowed the story down and done 2 seasons on Escobar. They should've ended season 1 when he turns himself into prison the first time. Then season 2 could be about his escape and time on the run.

Regardless this show is crack. I'm confident in whatever direction they choose to take season 2.
Read somewhere that El Chapo gonna get a season :win:

Show was piff - the reporter chick :ohlawd:

Dude that played Pablo killed it

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
Just finished is

Best tv show ive seen since breaking bad

:ohlawd:

Cant wait for season 2, a whole year tho?:sadbron: When is it supposed to come out bros:patrice:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
just watched the whole series 10/10 for me.. Season 1 better than season 1 breaking bad to me and as good or close to as season 1 of the wire to me (I thought Breaking Bad picked up in Season 2 and forward).

a few things I didnt understand though
-How could Ochoas and Pablo return to Colombia but Gacha couldnt ? Or was he in colombia ? seemed like he was real distant from everyone (geography wise).
-Ochoas disappeared for like 3 episodes. For being a big part of the cartel, they seemed to play a back part
-Where did Kiko and Guerevo come from ? How did they rise up in power so quick in the cartel ? They werent in the first 8 episodes then all a sudden Pablo trusts them with the entire cartel ? :dwillhuh:

If it was covering so many years over 10 years they shoulda put a year sub title whenever a new year would pop up

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This show is really good. I'm on episode 8 I was rooting for Pablo until the tape recording incident.

same :wow:

I was laid up and said man he fukked up with the plane.. it was just too much even for someone as crazy as pablo :wow:

whats funny is they spent the first few episodes trying to say Gacha was the real crazy killer out of the cartel but I dont think he woulda did that plane shyt :sadcam: