New Derek Jeter Commercial is amazing

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imma come right out and say it tho...

Derek Jeter is far and away the most overrated Yankee of the era.
Bernie Williams is easily the most underrated.

And I know it stings a lot of my fellow Yankee fans to read that, but it's the truth.

And the reason why I have a big problem with the "Core Four" being Jeter, Pettitte, Posada and Rivera is because when all those guys came up, Bernie Williams was the one who took each and every one of them under his wing and not only taught them how to play the game the right way, he taught them how to carry themselves as members of the Yankees organization.

And Bernie is just as valuable and responsible for those Yankees World Series titles as they are, but they come out with this "Core Four" bullshyt like he never existed.

But it is what it is.

:sas1:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
That's my gawd shortstop...
moreno-crying-gif.gif

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Imma come right out and say it tho...

Derek Jeter is far and away the most overrated Yankee of the era.
Bernie Williams is easily the most underrated.

And I know it stings a lot of my fellow Yankee fans to read that, but it's the truth.

And the reason why I have a big problem with the "Core Four" being Jeter, Pettitte, Posada and Rivera is because when all those guys came up, Bernie Williams was the one who took each and every one of them under his wing and not only taught them how to play the game the right way, he taught them how to carry themselves as members of the Yankees organization.

And Bernie is just as valuable and responsible for those Yankees World Series titles as they are, but they come out with this "Core Four" bullshyt like he never existed.

But it is what it is.

:sas1:
Bernie should be in the HOF, but :carltonscare: with the overrated talk

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bernie should be in the HOF, but :carltonscare: with the overrated talk
I don't think Bernie belongs in the Hall...and he had a great career.

Jeter will go down as probably the 3rd or 4th best SS ever.

But there were a lot of Yankees that were critical to their success in the 90s.
It's just that the media machine sucks Jeter off like no other NY athlete in recent memory.