New Orleans makes public schools all charter

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
It means poor kids will have less access to a decent education. It also means school staff wages will be driven down. These are the two main problems. Additionally, on average, charter schools don't perform better than public schools. So what's the point? Same as always: More Money For Us, fukk You.

The+Choice.bmp

Bullshyt

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, none of you are making it easy to understand. All you keep dropping are these doom and gloom one-liners. :stopitslime:

Basically, giving me the impression that twism is right and this is just whining about the good ol days.

Again, enlighten us. Why exactly is this bad?

Let me give it a shot.

1)Charter Schools= Are Private Schools ran by private organizations and or Corporations

- The pro charter school argument is based on the ideology of the hand of capitalism improving education and school efficiency ( Higher test scores for less money). The idea of charter schools is built on the fact competition equates to innovation, so if you had multiple charter schools fighting for public dollars the kids will benefit because charter schools are being innovative for survival.

- The second pro charter argument is based on the theory that the public school system and the teachers union are inefficient by products of incompetency. Charter schools advocates believe that teacher union protections punishes exceptional teachers and protects mediocre ones. The belief is that teachers union prevents flexibility for schools that may need them.

Another argument that charter school advocates use is the better bang for your buck theory. The USA spends the most on education per capital yet it ranks in the 20’s and lower on all measurable education metrics. Charter schools advocate believe teachers salaries and benefits are over inflated and can be used more efficiently ( The key word with charter school advocates) by giving them free reign to recruit and hire without limitations.

The counter argument

-Public school advocates contend that Charter schools have over inflated test scores because they cherry pick the students that attend their schools. Public school advocates contend that because every student needs to go to school ( which is the law) that they have to deal with kids who come from serious disadvantages which translates lower test scores.

-Another argument public school advocates give is that charter schools scores are never given oversight so it’s validity may be fabricated to look good ( the TM Landry school comes to mind).

New Orleans went with option one.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ecretary-of-education/?utm_term=.2c0cf8cf725b

Tired of writing about it but it matters just search the archives

The main issues and why I oppose it

Low standards/standards not on par with non charter schools
It isn't cheaper than public schools(an awful metric in the first place btw)
Children are getting more than an education, it forms how they process information and interact with the world. I'm not sure if they're there yet 100% but do you want corporations and conservative interest groups doing that?
driving down education standards for teaching, driving down wages, and union busting

Topic has been beaten to death

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honestly, none of you are making it easy to understand. All you keep dropping are these doom and gloom one-liners. :stopitslime:

Basically, giving me the impression that twism is right and this is just whining about the good ol days.

earned a neg just off the strength of the people who dapped you on this one

:mjlol:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

wait how do you have so much rep in a year, I barely recognize your font :dwillhuh:

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
To be fair there was only 1 school left that wasn't charter. Katrina did a number NO'S public school system.:mjcry:

Did the state/city just chose to not rebuild and fund them? Sounds like even more of a self fulfilling prophecy when you put it that way

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

Look at what for profit education did at the college level it’s really the same problems for kids. The reality that libertarians don’t get is there are aspects f society that can’t be resolved with profit motive.