New York City plans to wipe out $2 billion in medical debt for 500,000 residents

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should it be free?
it shouldn't be free, because we don't need people calling an ambulance/going to ER's for a stuffy nose. but it shouldn't cost exorbitantly, either. this system is trash

there's gotta be some middle ground between canada, and what we have now

bnew

Veteran
Daps
If an organization is buying these debts, best believe they are not doing it for altruistic reasons and there is money to be made. Taxpayers are paying this somehow.

what happens after the debt gets bought and before it get forgiven?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
it shouldn't be free, because we don't need people calling an ambulance/going to ER's for a stuffy nose. but it shouldn't cost exorbitantly, either. this system is trash

is that what happens in countries where they don't nickel and dime their citizens for medical services? :jbhmm:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is that what happens in countries where they don't nickel and dime their citizens for medical services? :jbhmm:
i don't care :yeshrug: charging people something for using medical services will prevent frivolous use, and obviously subsidize the actual cost of it. i don't want completely free healthcare

and you know what those "free healthcare" countries do? strict lockdowns on their borders, and zero illegal immigration. let me know when liberals are willing to sign off on that here :mjlol:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

Bad take.

Have you ever spent time in a country that has universal health care?

Going to the hospital for a stuffy nose is something you'll find in the privatized US system, not the other way around lol. That's literally something you do when you don't have access to a primary care physician or urgent care in general.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Awww the good old free market will fix health care :mjlol:
Just like it did for housing and education :russ:

These billionaires are using our tax dollars for subsidies but if a government wants to make essentials like housing, food, and medicine more accessible it's suddenly a problem.

It's wild to me how many people don't know that RIGHT NOW even with climate change literally crushing buildings we are still using tax dollars for coal, oil and gas company subsidies.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Just like it did for housing and education :russ:

These billionaires are using our tax dollars for subsidies but if a government wants to make essentials like housing, food, and medicine more accessible it's suddenly a problem.

It's wild to me how many people don't know that RIGHT NOW even with climate change literally crushing buildings we are still using tax dollars for coal, oil and gas company subsidies.

Housing and education are built on supply and demand ( even with their inflationary pricing and govt subsidies)and are industries that ultimately have transparent pricing, are available to be purchased and declined. Despite their pricing flaws you can give them the Heisman. Not happening for an ambulance or hospital.

Zero negotiating, zero reasoning for pricing just fukk it here's the bill. The mere fact hat that pricing fluctuates based on

Medicare
Medicaid
Any private policy.

Says they have NO SET PRICE it's the wild West. And they still make a killing on government money. An EpiPen is free with Medicaid, a nickel with Medicare and $900 for a private policy. Does the price of anything else change based on the payee other then healthcare?

Prices for both housing and education fluctuate when the school or house next door or in the same radius are out of wack not priced not according to the market. They adjust to market conditions.

Tell me, what is the fee market solution for health care?
flat,750x1000,075,f.u5.jpg

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad take.

Have you ever spent time in a country that has universal health care?

Going to the hospital for a stuffy nose is something you'll find in the privatized US system, not the other way around lol. That's literally something you do when you don't have access to a primary care physician or urgent care in general.
nah, i dont care. i dont want healthcare that anyone can walk into like a mcdonalds. charge people a little money, which, like i said, also offsets how badly those countries get shyt on with taxes. nothing about "free healthcare" is free :dead:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
nah, i dont care. i dont want healthcare that anyone can walk into like a mcdonalds. charge people a little money, which, like i said, also offsets how badly those countries get shyt on with taxes. nothing about "free healthcare" is free :dead:

No one said it's free or you can't have a private market or co-pays. Most universal systems have private policies as well.

I'm fine with that.

But this shyts the wild west and for all of Obamacare's flaws at least put in some basic guard rails they had to adhere to.

Them bytching about Medicare negotiating prices or imports of drugs is comedy.

We eat food from foreign countries all the time at our damn restaurants and grocery stores.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one said it's free or you can't have a private market or co-pays. Most universal systems have private policies as well.

I'm fine with that.

But this shyts the wild west and for all of Obamacare's flaws at least put in some basic guard rails they had to adhere to.
im talking about having people pay 100 bucks at the doctor, as opposed to leaving with a fukking 10,000 dollar bill, and you can't even acknowledge that that's a perfectly reasonable middle ground

this is why the left is always losing. a bunch of unrealistic clowns who don't know the meaning of the word compromise. so they never get what they want, or anything close to it

bnew

Veteran
Daps
im talking about having people pay 100 bucks at the doctor, as opposed to leaving with a fukking 10,000 dollar bill, and you can't even acknowledge that that's a perfectly reasonable middle ground

this is why the left is always losing. a bunch of unrealistic clowns who don't know the meaning of the word compromise. so they never get what they want, or anything close to it

unrealistic? thats why the U.S is the only first world country that doesn't have universal healthcare, because it's unrealistic. :rudy:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Tell me.

What's the GOP health care plan again? :mjlol:

Oh wait, it's coming in the spring from your man's DeSantis :bryan:

Who the fukk says a doctor shouldn't be compensated?