NFL Chokehold: 93 of 100 Top Broadcasts of 2023

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
But enough already about Knifecrime Island. In a record-smashing year for the NFL, one in which the overall TV ratings are up 8% versus last season, a relatively limited roster of teams accounted for much of the league’s biggest deliveries. As much as Lowe would have us root for all things NFL, the Dallas Cowboys were the biggest ratings drivers in 2023. With an average draw of 25.2 million viewers per game across its 13 national TV appearances, America’s Team accounted for no fewer than 18 of the year’s 100 biggest audiences. Also putting in the work were the Kansas City Chiefs, who claimed 16 of the top slots, edging their Super Bowl LVII opponents in Philly (15). Meanwhile, the NFL’s top-rated local team also proved to be a big national attraction, as the Buffalo Bills closed out the year with 13 showings.
Lastly, while there’s still one week of regular-season action left to unfold this weekend, the Nielsen Gods may be getting ready to crown a new ratings champ for the first time in 15 years. While Fox’s “America’s Game of the Week” window has cast a long shadow over the TV landscape, CBS’ own Sunday 4:25 p.m. ET slate may steal the title as the tube’s top-ranked program once the final numbers are tabulated next Tuesday.

Through Week 17, CBS’ national window is averaging 24.992 million viewers per outing, giving the Tiffany Network a 62,000-viewer advantage over Fox. While Fox could pull ahead on Sunday afternoon, as Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen will be calling the Dallas-Washington game opposite Jim Nantz and Tony Romo’s Chicago-Green Bay duties, CBS’ hybrid AFC-NFC coverage is putting up the network’s highest deliveries since 1998.

As for the outlook for 2024, the NFL’s dominance over the field will face a challenge later in the year as the presidential election intrigue begins to come to a gentle simmer. As America steers the rickety tricycle of its fading dominion toward the boundless horizon of shouty derangement, football will find itself in the unfamiliar position of having to fight for hearts and minds and eyeballs. It’s also an Olympics year. While betting against the Shield is a mug’s game, it’s safe to assume we won’t see a repeat performance of the NFL’s monocle-popping 93/100 run when it comes time to count the house a year from now.
3430139ee5c29f93b03093a612aafd1c.png

ba08edf4f9ceec67ef8efd181792bf6a.png

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ppl really watched the Oscars thinking someone would get slapped again :snoop: :mjlol:

99 percent of the time the Oscar's is a bore fest and ratings for it was going down for years until Will slapped Chris Rock.

Also, I didn't know ppl outside of NYC cared about the Thanksgiving parade :ohhh:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Ppl really watched the Oscars thinking someone would get slapped again :snoop: :mjlol:

99 percent of the time the Oscar's is a bore fest and ratings for it was going down for years until Will slapped Chris Rock.

Also, I didn't know ppl outside of NYC cared about the Thanksgiving parade :ohhh:
I think for most black ppl(me included) they checked it out in hopes that Angella Bassett would finally get one. She was nominated for Black Panther.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

We certainly dont give a fukk in NYC

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

What do yall mean??? The people in the parade are from all over