The Top 50 Highest Rated Sporting events in 2023 were ALL NFL games

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Here's a more interesting list from that article. The top "non-NFL" shyt....

2023chart2.png

Not really surprised by too much there, other than the Nuggets v.s. Heat being that high. I know it was the NBA Finals, but I didn't think it'd outdraw Celtics v.s. Heat or Warriors v.s. Lakers.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
More people watched horse racing than an NBA finals game? :picard:

The NBA is so fukking lucky that basketball is popular all over the world cause god damn :damn:

Yes, the Kentucky Derby was watched by more people than the NBA Finals. I see the argument about "one game matters more" but as you can see the game 7's in the NBA playoffs weren't exactly lighting the world on fire either.

Not sure what the issue is.

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Yes, the Kentucky Derby was watched by more people than the NBA Finals. I see the argument about "one game matters more" but as you can see the game 7's in the NBA playoffs weren't exactly lighting the world on fire either.

You already know :mjpls:

If football was played without helmets it would be struggling for numbers too :mjpls:

But fr, maybe play style is a part of it. I love the NBA but it gets boring watching dudes just dribbling out the clock then chucking a three or throwing a pass to a dude in the corner to launch one with a second left on the shot clock.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What’s fascinating about the nfl is that it has existed since 1920 but the first 30-40 years or so it wasn’t the most popular sport. Baseball and Boxing were more popular
TV and the suburbanization of baseball

No network TV station wants to film someone dying in the ring and baseball made the decision to be a suburban sport.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ

The last game 7 in the NBA Finals was 2016, and it got 44M viewers

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The last game 7 in the NBA Finals was 2016, and it got 44M viewers

That's not right. I believe it's 31 million viewers. But think of what it took. LeBron James, the biggest star (either him or Kobe) since Jordan vs. a 73-9 Warriors team and featured a 3-1 series comeback.

It got 31 million viewers. There's been college football games that have done that. There's been NFL regular season games that have done way more than that.

It's just levels to the popularity. NBA is in a good spot vs. other sports but NFL stands alone.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
That's not right. I believe it's 31 million viewers. But think of what it took. LeBron James, the biggest star (either him or Kobe) since Jordan vs. a 73-9 Warriors team and featured a 3-1 series comeback.

It got 31 million viewers. There's been college football games that have done that. There's been NFL regular season games that have done way more than that.

It's just levels to the popularity. NBA is in a good spot vs. other sports but NFL stands alone.

Google is your friend