Nicki Minaj Currently on Joe Budden Twitter Space Addressing Meg : "You Wanted Your Rihanna Moment!; Roc Nation, Cocaine Allegations+ More

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I think it’s not just about Meg’s success threatening Nicki. I think a lot of these labels do shyt to spite her tho. shyt even BET tried to shyt on her for Cardi meanwhile she was one of the few superstar artists that always put on for BET. Atlantic was literally doing some sneaky shyt wit Cardi behind the scenes to spite Nicki. shyt it’s like what happened with J Lo against Mariah. The media tried to make like Mariah was bipolar and crazy meanwhile it was Tommy Mattola the whole time doing a smear campaign against her and using J Lo to spite her. Imagine if there was social media around that time and Mariah was ranting like Nicki. People wouldn’t believe her and would be calling her a jealous diva and how J Lo’s success doesn’t threaten her at all. Meanwhile the truth of the matter was the complete opposite. J Lo was literally being used to shyt on Mariah.

I get what you're saying but i dont think its just out of spite. I believe, for whatever reason, that while Nicki was top dog she was definitely hard
to deal with behind the scenes. Had a huge ego and the industry got tired of having to deal with her.

Just a belief i have

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I get what you're saying but i dont think its just out of spite. I believe, for whatever reason, that while Nicki was top dog she was definitely hard
to deal with behind the scenes. Had a huge ego and the industry got tired of having to deal with her.

Just a belief i have
Newsflash my boi. Most of our female pop and RnB legends are and were diva’s. We can take it all the way back. So her being hard to work with or a Diva isn’t exclusive to her. Still doesn’t invalidate what I’m saying tho. shyt Mariah is the ultimate diva till this day.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think it’s not just about Meg’s success threatening Nicki. I think a lot of these labels do shyt to spite her tho. shyt even BET tried to shyt on her for Cardi meanwhile she was one of the few superstar artists that always put on for BET. Atlantic was literally doing some sneaky shyt wit Cardi behind the scenes to spite Nicki. shyt it’s like what happened with J Lo against Mariah. The media tried to make like Mariah was bipolar and crazy meanwhile it was Tommy Mattola the whole time doing a smear campaign against her and using J Lo to spite her. Imagine if there was social media around that time and Mariah was ranting like Nicki. People wouldn’t believe her and would be calling her a jealous diva and how J Lo’s success doesn’t threaten her at all. Meanwhile the truth of the matter was the complete opposite. J Lo was literally being used to shyt on Mariah.
Labels and awards shows aren't obligated to give her shyt. So much of the complaints revolve around her demanding one love/one god treatment as if only she deserves budgets and promo and favors/awards. Cardi is a superstar and was on fire, hotter than Nicki. Why wouldn't her label be supporting her?

There's nothing here comparable to a label exec attempting to sabotage his ex-wife who left his label. I get the comparison in the general sense (there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know, and these may lead to incorrect perceptions). Atlantic allegedly offering payments for artists to diss or compete with Nicki probably happened....and if it did, who cares lol. New artists going after the top artists in rap isn't new. We wouldn't be having this convo if this was a couple men having a rap battle/dispute.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh. I don’t think the 3 of em are in the same lane. Well. I guess u can say that because that’s the point really. After Nicki came out the labels and industry cats worked to try to replace her or make another one. I know this for a fact so I won’t even argue it. This is literally what happened. nikkas was goin to the strip clubs tryna find bad bytches to write for and compete wit shorty. Cardi is completely beneficial from this practice. Cardi don’t write. Dropped one album and ain’t made an album in 6 full years at this point. Yet she still gets compared to Nicki. Nicki def on some shyt and come off crazy as cat shyt but she’s not lying tho. The industry been on some funny shyt wit her behind the scenes

They scouting strip clubs like the minor league.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
that's like saying Timbaland signed Bubba Sparxxx to spite Eminem. Tale as old as time. Someone becomes successful, labels sign a bunch of newbies in your vein hoping to achieve similar success. At a certain point, Nicki shoulda been comfortable with her standing amongst rappers, period, not just women.

and Mariah IS nuts. She IS a diva. Now she's the crazy legend we only wanna hear around Christmastime. Did Tommy try to do her dirty? Sure. That shyt was deeper than music though. Tough to compare that to a label that owes Nicki nothing. I could see if it was Republic tryna do Nicki dirty but that didn't happen. She's worried about too much shyt that isn't really affecting her as much as her reaction to it is.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
If a tape existed, it would already be out. Yet we don't even have a deepfake in circulation
I’m not so sure. But I’d like to think that. However, I f it comes out that Megan’s tale of events is totally inaccurate there’s a segment that’ll ride with her regardless. I personally think that Tory did it but why would they go through such lengths to imprison dude if it didn’t happen?

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I’m not so sure. But I’d like to think that. However, I f it comes out that Megan’s tale of events is totally inaccurate there’s a segment that’ll ride with her regardless. I personally think that Tory did it but why would they go through such lengths to imprison dude if it didn’t happen?
this right here is what Tory stans will not answer. if Kelsey did it, she could've pointed the finger at her and avoided a LOT of bullshyt. They didn't remain friends after that night, why the fukk would meg protect her? She was obviously pro-tory because she saw that nikka as a meal ticket. She's recorded on a jailhouse convo where HE apologizes for doing what he did and blamed it on being drunk:

tory stans argue he was apologizing for cheating, which makes no fukking sense considering there was a shooting :dead:
fatlagro out here interviewing random nikkas that claim they saw a video (sources: Trust me bro, i PROMISE you). it's absolutely insane

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Newsflash my boi. Most of our female pop and RnB legends are and were diva’s. We can take it all the way back. So her being hard to work with or a Diva isn’t exclusive to her. Still doesn’t invalidate what I’m saying tho. shyt Mariah is the ultimate diva till this day.

True, but thats why they also get done dirty. What did Tommy Mottola try once he and Mariah seperated? Tried to crush her and make J Lo pop.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
this right here is what Tory stans will not answer. if Kelsey did it, she could've pointed the finger at her and avoided a LOT of bullshyt. They didn't remain friends after that night, why the fukk would meg protect her? She was obviously pro-tory because she saw that nikka as a meal ticket. She's recorded on a jailhouse convo where HE apologizes for doing what he did and blamed it on being drunk:

tory stans argue he was apologizing for cheating, which makes no fukking sense considering there was a shooting :dead:
fatlagro out here interviewing random nikkas that claim they saw a video (sources: Trust me bro, i PROMISE you). it's absolutely insane

The kids call it copium