Nicki Minaj Currently on Joe Budden Twitter Space Addressing Meg : "You Wanted Your Rihanna Moment!; Roc Nation, Cocaine Allegations+ More

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
We had to know something was wrong with Nicki when she married that dude. You are the #1 female rapper on the planet and that’s who you chose to marry? :why:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
We had to know something was wrong with Nicki when she married that dude. You are the #1 female rapper on the planet and that’s who you chose to marry? :why:
She should have waited for bad bunny

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Eh. I don’t think the 3 of em are in the same lane. Well. I guess u can say that because that’s the point really. After Nicki came out the labels and industry cats worked to try to replace her or make another one. I know this for a fact so I won’t even argue it. This is literally what happened. nikkas was goin to the strip clubs tryna find bad bytches to write for and compete wit shorty. Cardi is completely beneficial from this practice. Cardi don’t write. Dropped one album and ain’t made an album in 6 full years at this point. Yet she still gets compared to Nicki. Nicki def on some shyt and come off crazy as cat shyt but she’s not lying tho. The industry been on some funny shyt wit her behind the scenes

While I get why Nicki was upset it’s also hypocritical because she had to break through a barrier that said there could only be one rap queen at a time. And then once she broke that barrier she decided that the barrier wasn’t so bad and actually needs to be put it place again so nobody challenges her. Also worth mentioning it took years before she faced a legit challenger in Cardi B. And then after that the flood gates opened for the reason you said: a lot of writers finding a lot of chicks to recite rhymes.

Everything is different now. Even in r&b…the days of it just being Beyoncé and Rihanna dominating/buying all the songwriters are over. Now we got a dozen black women singers who are relevant to various levels and operating outside of the Bey/Rhi orbit. There’s competition but it doesn’t feel like SZA’s success takes from Summer Walker. I feel the same about the rappers. Meg’s (alleged) popularity doesn’t threaten Nicki.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
While I get why Nicki was upset it’s also hypocritical because she had to break through a barrier that said there could only be one rap queen at a time. And then once she broke that barrier she decided that the barrier wasn’t so bad and actually needs to be put it place again so nobody challenges her. Also worth mentioning it took years before she faced a legit challenger in Cardi B. And then after that the flood gates opened for the reason you said: a lot of writers finding a lot of chicks to recite rhymes.

Everything is different now. Even in r&b…the days of it just being Beyoncé and Rihanna dominating/buying all the songwriters are over. Now we got a dozen black women singers who are relevant to various levels and operating outside of the Bey/Rhi orbit. There’s competition but it doesn’t feel like SZA’s success takes from Summer Walker. I feel the same about the rappers. Meg’s (alleged) popularity doesn’t threaten Nicki.
I think it’s not just about Meg’s success threatening Nicki. I think a lot of these labels do shyt to spite her tho. shyt even BET tried to shyt on her for Cardi meanwhile she was one of the few superstar artists that always put on for BET. Atlantic was literally doing some sneaky shyt wit Cardi behind the scenes to spite Nicki. shyt it’s like what happened with J Lo against Mariah. The media tried to make like Mariah was bipolar and crazy meanwhile it was Tommy Mattola the whole time doing a smear campaign against her and using J Lo to spite her. Imagine if there was social media around that time and Mariah was ranting like Nicki. People wouldn’t believe her and would be calling her a jealous diva and how J Lo’s success doesn’t threaten her at all. Meanwhile the truth of the matter was the complete opposite. J Lo was literally being used to shyt on Mariah.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
This crazy ass bytch is the female version of :yeshrug:. Just ranting and raving about absolutely nothing! They are both mentally fukked up and funny how they just easily align themself with white supremacy. Our people are again led into the flames because we can’t critically think outside of the celebrity life. How on earth does anyone black support or follow these two 🦝 is beyond me!

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I think it’s not just about Meg’s success threatening Nicki. I think a lot of these labels do shyt to spite her tho. shyt even BET tried to shyt on her for Cardi meanwhile she was one of the few superstar artists that always put on for BET. Atlantic was literally doing some sneaky shyt wit Cardi behind the scenes to spite Nicki. shyt it’s like what happened with J Lo against Mariah. The media tried to make like Mariah was bipolar and crazy meanwhile it was Tommy Mattola the whole time doing a smear campaign against her and using J Lo to spite her. Imagine if there was social media around that time and Mariah was ranting like Nicki. People wouldn’t believe her and would be calling her a jealous diva and how J Lo’s success doesn’t threaten her at all. Meanwhile the truth of the matter was the complete opposite. J Lo was literally being used to shyt on Mariah.
I feel like you post on LSA