Nigerian student joins black fraternity in "Tazmanian Devil" [Trailer]

invalid

Banned
Daps
I like how they frame his transition into fraternity life a manhood ritual, like so many manhood rituals that tribal men participate in, albeit, this being an american one. And that he didn't have to miss out on that experience just because he left his country.

I can't emphasize the importance of rituals in a man's life. Rituals that affirm manhood, place in the community, and transitions into new experiences. New generation of black men are missing out on these types of things which explains the myriad of identity issues.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Wow mad thoughts but atleast the pastor tried with the nigerian accent.

Might check in thread later

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That ain't ain't nothing but ultraperm

Nnamdi Azikiwe pledged Sigma in the 1920s

10950579_1528821540718511_549340218_n.jpg

* film has an interesting premise, will check for it, thanks Ciroq

Last edited:

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would this frat be accepted in Nigeria, family?

:mjpls:

It wouldnt be an issue ,

But I cant see the film selling due to the fact that Nigerian fraternities in Nigerian Universities are the most dangerous in the world , I have a friend who ia a surgeon comes from an elite family , he studied at a University in Nigeria and was a member of a well known fraternity/cult , he has two bodies on him , and that is normal , truth is just much more worse than fiction

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Lol at the dad singing praise, thats so extra I don’t know any african parent doing all thats :mjlol:

movie looks interesting.​

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
But I cant see the film selling due to the fact that Nigerian fraternities in Nigerian Universities are the most dangerous in the world , I have a friend who ia a surgeon comes from an elite family , he studied at a University in Nigeria and was a member of a well known fraternity/cult , he has two bodies on him , and that is normal , truth is just much more worse than fiction
Filmmaker is Nigerian American, and film is to be distributed to American audiences(first). It would seem to have a natural appeal to people who can relate to straddling two "worlds". Not sure how that's going to translate to box office/views but I can see this story resonating with a lot of people, both Nigerian and not.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I like how they frame his transition into fraternity life a manhood ritual, like so many manhood rituals that tribal men participate in, albeit, this being an american one. And that he didn't have to miss out on that experience just because he left his country.

I can't emphasize the importance of rituals in a man's life. Rituals that affirm manhood, place in the community, and transitions into new experiences. New generation of black men are missing out on these types of things which explains the myriad of identity issues.
Interesting point. What about informal rituals and rites of passage though?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Filmmaker is Nigerian American, and film is to be distributed to American audiences(first). It would seem to have a natural appeal to people who can relate to straddling two "worlds". Not sure how that's going to translate to box office/views but I can see this story resonating with a lot of people, both Nigerian and not.

The thing is this film is fiction , Im sure its a good movie

But what happens in real life in Nigerian Fraternities is more shocking than anything in this film , and thats why I dont think it will do well , not because its not a good movie , but because unfortunately compared to the stuff thats going down in our own universities this is nowhere near as bad