Nintendo is the only company innovating in 2016 while xbox and sony playing you morons for fools

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Some one explain to me how this isn't a wii u that you can actually take out of the house. Where is the innovation they just made the wii u that they should of made in 2013. Everyone thought the tablet would be portable when they first showed it. Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any innovation.
_DSC1593_678x452.JPG

I mean this came out it 2013 and no one cared. Vita has had shareplay since launch. What exactly has nintendo invented here. They made a big portable? Game gears were large in the 90s. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony has had a strong stable of first party titles. They just let their developers move on to new ideas and series when they're ready. Developers don't have to make 20 years of Ico games and can move on to The Last Guardian.
Cut it out man. Nintendo has a large stable of IPs outside Mario. We going to act like Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, F-Zero, Pikmin, Mother, Kirby, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario RPG etc don't exist?

We gonna pretend that the stable IPs they have don't switch it up entirely?? Zelda OOT, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, SMB 3, Metroid Prime etc. Those games were innovative as fukk and completely different from other entries in their franchises. No one is tired of those franchises because each time they come out they're completely new and fresh. This isn't a Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3 or Halo 3 to 4 difference. Some of the games have big differences in between each iteration which trumps this narrative that each entry is more of the same. You can't just say "Oh it's more of the same" and then pretend every other franchises that's longstanding is completely new and innovative each entry. How many more Call of Duty's or Battlefields until people are bored?? None, fans of those series will argue you to death saying how each entry is new and special until the next one comes out and they're saying how the older entry was better.

Does Nintendo make new ips? Yeah but 70-80% of what they release are the same franchises from the SNES and N64 days. It's Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Smash, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem wash rinse repeat. Every now and then you get something like a Splatoon but it's a high percentage of the same franchises over and over again and they tweak the formula a bit.
Those franchises are some of the best games out period. The new franchises they make every once in a while are well received like AC, Splatoon, etc.

Even Microsoft outside of Halo and Forza usually let's their developers try new franchises.
Like what?

People just give Nintendo a pass because they grew up playing their games. Most of what people call innovation from them is gimmicks Nintendo themselves couldn't fully flesh out or utilize. After two and three decades of the same titles and franchises people are bored so if Nintendo can't come up with a successful gimmick you're left with the Wii U. Something that sells very poorly despite receiving those same franchises because the core gamer crowd has moved on to other companies.
I'm sorry this is nonsense. The Wii U debuted with horrible marketing, overpriced with games that looked exactly like the wii version. People thought it was a controller add on and the name didn't help. Nobody was "bored" with the games, that's something you just made up. I certainly wasn't "bored" with any of the Wii U exclusives I've had and the critical reception agrees.

Nintendo really sold their souls with the Wii. Sure kids and grandparents flocked to it for a few years but core gamers started tuning them out because if it.
they rode that wave and the casuals didn't buy a Wii U because they were thinking it was the same thing and by them all of them moved onto other things.

Last edited:
Daps
the switch concept is cool as fukk, while xbox and sony keep releasing remasters of remasters while you sheep blindly giving them your hard earned money,.

Meanwhile you're cheering for Nintendo that just milks the same franchise

Super Mario
How many times is Mario gonna save Princess peach
Insert Mario and Sonic at the olympic games :mjlol:
Mario tennis :mjlol:
Mario golf :mjlol:
Mario basketball :mjlol:
Mario football (soccer) :mjlol:
Mario Kart :mjlol:
Mario Party :mjlol:
Mario & Luigi :mjlol:
Dr Mario :mjlol:

You guys hyping up the Switch, enjoy your Mario Party purgatory via your 3 hour 720p (640 :mjpls: ) portable screen

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile you're cheering for Nintendo that just milks the same franchise

Super Mario
How many times is Mario gonna save Princess peach
Insert Mario and Sonic at the olympic games :mjlol:
Mario tennis :mjlol:
Mario golf :mjlol:
Mario basketball :mjlol:
Mario football (soccer) :mjlol:
Mario Kart :mjlol:
Mario Party :mjlol:
Mario & Luigi :mjlol:
Dr Mario :mjlol:

You guys hyping up the Switch, enjoy your Mario Party purgatory via your 3 hour 720p (640 :mjpls: ) portable screen
Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi are only similar in name. Stop it.
Some of y'all be sounding :snoop:

Like yeah, let's stop selling and creating franchises that sell millions each entry because people are clearly tired.

They'll go :mindblown: at the next trailer for the next re-skinned world war FPS or Assassins Creed but then pretend the new Zelda is more of the same. :snooze:

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Console stanning will always be one of those things I will never understand. Especially if your a grown man with disposable income.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Console stanning will always be one of those things I will never understand. Especially if your a grown man with disposable income.
I don't even like the Wii U like that as a console first and foremost but some of the retarded ass critiques people levy against Nintendo franchises that equally apply to pretty much every other gaming company is ridiculous. You can't say Nintendo milks franchises and act like they're all the same yet get hype for new Tales of games or Assassins Creed. Like were they do that at? :mindblown:

I can't wait for that New God of War though :ohlawd:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony has had a strong stable of first party titles. They just let their developers move on to new ideas and series when they're ready. Developers don't have to make 20 years of Ico games and can move on to The Last Guardian.

Does Nintendo make new ips? Yeah but 70-80% of what they release are the same franchises from the SNES and N64 days. It's Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Smash, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem wash rinse repeat. Every now and then you get something like a Splatoon but it's a high percentage of the same franchises over and over again and they tweak the formula a bit.

Even Microsoft outside of Halo and Forza usually let's their developers try new franchises.

People just give Nintendo a pass because they grew up playing their games. Most of what people call innovation from them is gimmicks Nintendo themselves couldn't fully flesh out or utilize. After two and three decades of the same titles and franchises people are bored so if Nintendo can't come up with a successful gimmick you're left with the Wii U. Something that sells very poorly despite receiving those same franchises because the core gamer crowd has moved on to other companies.

Nintendo really sold their souls with the Wii. Sure kids and grandparents flocked to it for a few years but core gamers started tuning them out because if it.
Sony really only has two franchises that would justify a dev continually making sequels. The rest sell mildly or flop. Therfore the studios move on. Gran turismo sells great so PD will keep making Gran Turismo games. Killzone is trash and it flopped so GG is trying something new.

People love Mario. Sales crazy every time. Nintendo would be stupid not to keep pumping out Mario games.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
the switch concept is cool as fukk, while xbox and sony keep releasing remasters of remasters while you sheep blindly giving them your hard earned money,.
Shut yo bytch ass up fakkit. Sony got VR ain't nobody else fukking with that. That's revolutionary. Nintendo just made a Gameboy that can connect to your TV....ok lol.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony really only has two franchises that would justify a dev continually making sequels. The rest sell mildly or flop. Therfore the studios move on. Gran turismo sells great so PD will keep making Gran Turismo games. Killzone is trash and it flopped so GG is trying something new.

People love Mario. Sales crazy every time. Nintendo would be stupid not to keep pumping out Mario games.
timeline_mario__1985_2013__by_banjo2015-d7zdrjf.jpg

Out of this picture, the only game here that's being milked dry and isn't that good imo is the "New" Super Mario Bros line. The rest are straight up crack.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't wait to see the spins and explain aways when this thing is flying off shelves and start outselling the PS4. :wow:

The King is Bike

Last edited:
Daps
Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi are only similar in name. Stop it.
Some of y'all be sounding :snoop:

Like yeah, let's stop selling and creating franchises that sell millions each entry because people are clearly tired.

They'll go :mindblown: at the next trailer for the next re-skinned world war FPS or Assassins Creed but then pretend the new Zelda is more of the same. :snooze:

Those re-skinned world war FPS's you speak of are doing well (see : Battlefield 1 )

nikkas really gonna throw FPS/AC under the bus then try to play victim for a franchise where Ganon is the final boss in more than 1 game :smirkcry:

But even milking a final boss makes Nintendo millions so we shouldn't use milking as an argument :smirkcry:

Therefore, I don't wanna see anyone around the arcadium try to clown on Microsoft for making another Halo, GOW or Forza because 'it sells millions each entry'

And I don't wanna see anyone criticise COD for milking the whole sci fi future/world war because it makes Activision millions

I don't care if you think its a 'reskin' of an event in history, lets not complain because it sells millions each entry

Yours sincerely,

Fatboi1

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those re-skinned world war FPS's you speak of are doing well (see : Battlefield 1 )

nikkas really gonna throw FPS/AC under the bus then try to play victim for a franchise where Ganon is the final boss in more than 1 game :smirkcry:

But even milking a final boss makes Nintendo millions so we shouldn't use milking as an argument :smirkcry:

Therefore, I don't wanna see anyone around the arcadium try to clown on Microsoft for making another Halo, GOW or Forza because 'it sells millions each entry'

And I don't wanna see anyone criticise COD for milking the whole sci fi future/world war because it makes Activision millions

I don't care if you think its a 'reskin' of an event in history, lets not complain because it sells millions each entry

Yours sincerely,

Fatboi1
The fukk?
You the one who brought up milking genius :snoop:

The dude you quoted was talking about remasters.

And furthermore you brought up a bunch of different franchises that only has the name Mario in it.

Nobody plays Mario for a story, the gameplay is always on point so bringing up some princess getting captured like that's seriously the reason people buy Mario is fukking dumb.

Mario party is not Mario kart is not Mario RPG is not smash bros. :mindblown:

Y'all be sounding retarded on here seriously.

Last edited: