Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I kept getting souls for the yellow and red ones, sometimes back 2 back but it took literally 6 hours to get just one. With the exception of Soul Searcher and Regular Smith Customer, Nioh games were awesome to platinum. Can’t wait for the DLC.
yeah def need that nioh 2 dlc aint shyt for me to do already beat NG+ and my best two weapons are +5 +6 and i cant find gear on that level to make them +10...damn near makes me want to create a 2nd character or go back to nioh and do more abyss floors

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
@Brief Keef
Not liking this r1 ki shyt breh...tha fukk? Wtf is ki even for? Is it my stamina? Wtf does charging it after every attack do? That shyt is annoying as fukk...and im playing too much shyt at once (this & dmc5 got deep ass control schemes), this game a lil overwhelming for tha moment with these stances and that gay ass r1 charging shyt. Gay af.

Just made it to the first area I think...i picked up my first weapon off a dead body by a lake...so I aint salty or nun yet. These controls just clunky as hell IMO.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
@Brief Keef
Not liking this r1 ki shyt breh...tha fukk? Wtf is ki even for? Is it my stamina? Wtf does charging it after every attack do? That shyt is annoying as fukk...and im playing too much shyt at once (this & dmc5 got deep ass control schemes), this game a lil overwhelming for tha moment with these stances and that gay ass r1 charging shyt. Gay af.

Just made it to the first area I think...i picked up my first weapon off a dead body by a lake...so I aint salty or nun yet. These controls just clunky as hell IMO.

lol you better get real comfortable with ki pulsing (R1). It's the heartbeat of the game. And yes, Ki = Stamina. Ki pulsing allows you to replenish some of the ki you just used attacking. It also allows you to purify yokai realms (dark clouds/puddles on the ground). You want to clear these puddles out as often and quickly as possible. You standing in them will make your ki replenish much slower than usual, and enemies standing in them makes them even harder to kill. Also, there is a skill that allows you to ki pulse while dodging. Depending on how you play, this is a very useful skill.

And the different stances is what allows this game to really open up. Once you start unlocking skills and figure out how to effectively switch stances, the combat really begins to stand out. This is not Dark Souls, nor is it Bloodborne. I think where alot of the hate/criticism of this game comes from is ppl that try to play it like those game: staying in one stance and pushing square or triangle the whole game. lol that is not Nioh, and you're barely scratching the surface of the game if that's how you approach it.

I also wholeheartedly disagree with you saying the controls are clunky. There's a lot going on for sure, but they're very intuitive IMO, and eventually become second nature. The problem is you gotta put in time and be willing to learn a bit, which most ppl don't really wanna do with video games. And that's fine and completely understandable. But at the same time, there are ppl that take that approach, then turn around and paint the game in a negative light. Nah, that's not gonna fly.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
its very hard to explain how this game works to people...its either u get it or u don't....nobody explained to me how to play nioh 1 i just learned...somebody could tell u everything about this game but if it doesn't click for the individual it'll never click.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
lol you better get real comfortable with ki pulsing (R1). It's the heartbeat of the game. And yes, Ki = Stamina. Ki pulsing allows you to replenish some of the ki you just used attacking. It also allows you to purify yokai realms (dark clouds/puddles on the ground). You want to clear these puddles out as often and quickly as possible. You standing in them will make your ki replenish much slower than usual, and enemies standing in them makes them even harder to kill. Also, there is a skill that allows you to ki pulse while dodging. Depending on how you play, this is a very useful skill.

And the different stances is what allows this game to really open up. Once you start unlocking skills and figure out how to effectively switch stances, the combat really begins to stand out. This is not Dark Souls, nor is it Bloodborne. I think where alot of the hate/criticism of this game comes from is ppl that try to play it like those game: staying in one stance and pushing square or triangle the whole game. lol that is not Nioh, and you're barely scratching the surface of the game if that's how you approach it.

I also wholeheartedly disagree with you saying the controls are clunky. There's a lot going on for sure, but they're very intuitive IMO, and eventually become second nature. The problem is you gotta put in time and be willing to learn a bit, which most ppl don't really wanna do with video games. And that's fine and completely understandable. But at the same time, there are ppl that take that approach, then turn around and paint the game in a negative light. Nah, that's not gonna fly.
I'd say...not even 2 minutes after I posted that...I got tha hang of Ki charging. Dawg...that shyt is FIRE

GAME IS F I R E. Definitely getting Nioh 2.

Love the stances and just...everything yall ever said was true about this game. I kind of already like it more than Souls.

Edit: brehs...I just headshotted a lame ass soldier off a roof...he had about 1 hit point left...fell into tha fire and burned...:wow:

Last edited:

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
Yall dont mind me posting about Nioh 1 right...? Jus tryin to share my experience wit yall. Then yall can hear about when I play Nioh 2!

I jus got to tha first boss in tha ship. That lil clip was scary as hell, imagine that IRL lol

Dude simple but I do keep dying. Jus gotta chill is all.

I am already liking this series more than Souls. Wow, I'm a fukking idiot. I was jus overwhelmed at first wit tha controls and remembering to press R1 n shyt. Lol I was mad salty.

I think this will also help me wit Bloodbourne! Ima pick it back up.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Yall dont mind me posting about Nioh 1 right...? Jus tryin to share my experience wit yall. Then yall can hear about when I play Nioh 2!

I jus got to tha first boss in tha ship. That lil clip was scary as hell, imagine that IRL lol

I am already liking this series more than Souls. Wow, I'm a fukking idiot. I was jus overwhelmed at first wit tha controls and remembering to press R1 n shyt. Lol I was mad salty.

lol keep on posting breh. Love hearing about folks first experiences with the game. Nioh 1, Nioh 2, don't matter what the thread title says. This a Nioh thread.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
lol keep on posting breh. Love hearing about folks first experiences with the game. Nioh 1, Nioh 2, don't matter what the thread title says. This a Nioh thread.
I just cant believe tha complete 180 I've done with this game. Was not expecting to like it more than Souls. Tha combat is incredible...TOO deep...

Dawgs...tell me why I was forgetting to spend my skill points? Lol...had like 30 unused.

I use tha Kusarigama & Dual Swords. That Gama is hard as fukk...my favorite weapon IRL. Yall remember ol dude in tha Boondocks using one?

Brehs...I might as well buy Nioh 2 right now but dont want no distractions. I have DMC5...got passed the intro just to get started but holy shyt...the combat is more satisfying than even that game (so far).

shyt.

First boss still beating my ass (lots of one shots), so I just go farm and get more acquainted wit tha controls and learn tha nuisances of tha mechanics.

Edit
Just beat dudes ass and knocked em out 1st try after posting that. fukk em.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
Only tried once but its already fukk that flying bytch :beli:

I can tell this is about to be my first actual challenge. I always have issues with flying bosses cuz tha camera in every game be twerkin...

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

Get used to that boss because you'll fight him damn near 15 times throughout the game. He's easy as shyt.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
Get used to that boss because you'll fight him damn near 15 times throughout the game. He's easy as shyt.
That boss was to help you learn tha fundamentals of distancing and stance switching (using tha right stance at tha right time). You will definitely be much more familiar with your weaponry after fighting that loser.

That was a fun fight. Again, I was just being impatient and I suppose I have a glass cannon.

This flying bytch is a$$hole...........ill get her tho.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Finally beat the game today, and the only boss I really needed human assistance with was the first time you fight the giant snake lady. Last boss was easy only took 3 tries and that was due to a one shot twirly projectile he does at very low health, so I saved my Yokai shift for that scenario.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is easily one of my favorite games this gen. The story is dope especially because i like how Team Ninja weaved in Japanese history with the Yokai. The combat and gear system is perfect to me. It’s not convoluted or a mess. It all flows together very well. And the builds :wow:

I’m using switchglaive and the axe my first run, so high magic and stamina focused character. The other weapons I see other players using gets me hyped to try different builds