No coliArticle on Beyoncé, Ivy, and blackface?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
there are important things going on in theo world today.....

this isnt one of them

who has time to devote energy to this kind of thing?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m surprised nobody has posted this yet, but last week Beyoncé’s Ivy Park was accused of “black fishing” which looks a lot more like subtle blackface to me. They used White Russians in an ad and used them to mimic black women by giving them curls, braids, and skin treatments.

My issue is that these jobs were stolen from the millions of actual black women who would love to start their career modeling for Ivy Park and Beyoncé.:francis:

Also, I don’t think Beyoncé has very much control over her company, cause I doubt any real black person would greenlight this photo shoot. I think one of the white management was running a finesse and trying to get one of their own women a gig through this black brand. :beli:

Here is the article......

Beyoncé's Ivy Park Faces Backlash Over "Blackfishing" Allegations

People criticized the Russian models used in the campaign.

A promotional photo posted to Ivy Park's Instagram page has caused the public to debate the subject of "blackfishing." Days ago, Ivy Park shared an image that featured two models posing in the adidas gear. There wasn't anything exceptional about the picture itself, but on Wednesday (December 8), people began to discuss how the models, who at first glance looked like women of color or Black women to many, are actually Russian and much lighter than the image suggests.

Soon, people began accusing the models of Blackface, or Blackfishing—a take on the pop-culture term "catfish." Beyoncé and her team were also targeted, especially because the singer is avidly pro-Black and pro-African in her music and visuals. Because Beyoncé is also known as someone who is intimately involved in all aspects of her projects, her fans argued that she wouldn't approve of this look. However, while the models are Russian, their ethnic backgrounds are unknown.:mjpls:

No statement has been made by Bey or Ivy Park just yet, but the internet is making their voices heard. Check out a few responses below as well as more images from the models included in the campaign.

Here are the pics. What do y’all think?:jbhmm:

Here is more.....:unimpressed:

And this is what the models look like normally as beckys :patrice:

lptmysqzya461.jpg

This is completely retarded. I am so tired of how sensitive everyone is nowadays. It's typical of women... but men? Blackfishing? :mjlol: This is laughable.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Just shows me how much they jock, love, stan and emulate american black culture.

End of day, pop culture is basically black swag copy and pasted.

KingZaire_

Superstar
Daps
What is going on every thread lately are we lipstick alley :gurl: take this to the salon