No Limit Records Stories

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Both of those Ke'Noe tracks were fire. He laced Da Crime Family too and had the best track on Bossalinie. Everything he was touching in '99 was fire. Only tracks I didn't like were "Ghetto Honeys" and "Stop Playin With Me" from OGCJM.
BBTP would've been nice with kenoe, xl, penitentiary, sugar bear

No Hook

Surrounded By Hate Yet I Love Home
Daps
Reppin
Philly
lol they had a chance to be on it and declined, mia, serv-on gave them their just due, Percy said he needed a sound. Only thing they were bitter on was when they left because of the contract dispute in 99.

P said more than that regarding them in that doc and from my understanding BBTP didn't have a contract

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
P said more than that regarding them in that doc and from my understanding BBTP didn't have a contract
correct they wanted to renegotiate to get more money which they were entitled too (should've had contracts made when they first got with P or when I'm Bout It & ICM blew up) C-Los had a contract with percy for his artists (GC & SD) he didn't leave until the tank wasn't churning out records anymore. Both sides fukked that up from a disagreement.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Actually that was the first one I thought of, but nobody dislikes the album, just rarely mentioned, and every other NL album except Steady Mobb'n was bigger in 97. First half of Life Insurance is amongst NL's finest work

KLC and Craig B were acting a god damn fool in '97

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

RIP my nikka Big Ed, a member of TRU, I feel like his album should've dropped in '97.

This was good cut after he left the tank @JustCKing @OHSNAP! @No Hook

The Assassin album has nostalgic value for me, but it's one of the weaker NL albums of 98 for sure, has some real hard songs like My Entourage, Life and Make Some Room. Yeah he would've had a stronger album in 97 no doubt (more time for BBTP to create dope beats, see Unlady Like or Life Insurance). I liked Ed's style and he occasionally shined (Let's Go Get Em on Slim's album or his Ghetto D feature)

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both of those Ke'Noe tracks were fire. He laced Da Crime Family too and had the best track on Bossalinie. Everything he was touching in '99 was fire. Only tracks I didn't like were "Ghetto Honeys" and "Stop Playin With Me" from OGCJM.
I even liked those two OGCJM beats but they were kinda misused. Ke'Noe always came thru, even copped his debut album after he left NL/TRU, which sounded pretty good

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
The Assassin album has nostalgic value for me, but it's one of the weaker NL albums of 98 for sure, has some real hard songs like My Entourage, Life and Make Some Room. Yeah he would've had a stronger album in 97 no doubt (more time for BBTP to create dope beats, see Unlady Like or Life Insurance). I liked Ed's style and he occasionally shined (Let's Go Get Em on Slim's album or his Ghetto D feature)
I'm assuming K-Lou did the beats that Master P are credited for on here, what are the best and worst songs on here?

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm assuming K-Lou did the beats that Master P are credited for on here, what are the best and worst songs on here?
Not a fan of Rodeo or I'm Yo Soldier, not terrible but just a disappointing start. The softer songs in general (Just Me & U and Come Home W/ Me) sound weird and out of place. Tried to cater to women (dude was ripped) I guess. I Miss Em was ok but too much of a I Miss My Homies copy

Go 2 War and Uh Oh were okay rowdy get buck cuts. Buck Em had a wack beat

Shake Em Up was hard, loved P's hook. Life has a simple but really menacing eerie beat, and Ed tried his best, one of my faves. My Entourage is the best song on here, the 3 blended together perfectly. Make Some Room was another great soldier song, Snoop sounded totally out of place, Mia shined as usual. Scriptures was one of my favorites too

How tf was the MOTHERfukkING TITLE TRACK basically a MP song??

Too many MP, Fiend, Mac features on Assasin made it feel like a compilation rather than a Big Ed solo

Carlos had the hottest beats, KL and Craig B came thru as well. "MP" (aka K-Lou/DJ Daryl/Mark N Tha Dark) and Mo B didn't deliver

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Not a fan of Rodeo or I'm Yo Soldier, not terrible but just a disappointing start. The softer songs in general (Just Me & U and Come Home W/ Me) sound weird and out of place. Tried to cater to women (dude was ripped) I guess. I Miss Em was ok but too much of a I Miss My Homies copy

Go 2 War and Uh Oh were okay rowdy get buck cuts. Buck Em had a wack beat

Shake Em Up was hard, loved P's hook. Life has a simple but really menacing eerie beat, and Ed tried his best, one of my faves. My Entourage is the best song on here, the 3 blended together perfectly. Make Some Room was another great soldier song, Snoop sounded totally out of place, Mia shined as usual. Scriptures was one of my favorites too

How tf was the MOTHERfukkING TITLE TRACK basically a MP song??

Too many MP, Fiend, Mac features on Assasin made it feel like a compilation rather than a Big Ed solo

Carlos had the hottest beats, KL and Craig B came thru as well. "MP" (aka K-Lou/DJ Daryl/Mark N Tha Dark) and Mo B didn't deliver
rodeo was ass to me lmao!
My entourage might have been the first no limit song I listened to back in 2015 when complex did the best 25 albums (which wasn't a bad way to get into the tank)
Scriptures >
Craig B delivered