No thread on HBO pricing its standalone streaming service? $15/month

Daps
http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/04/hbo-now-pricing/

Wondering how much HBO's hyped-upstandalone streaming service will cost you when it (hopefully) arrives this April? Considerably more than your Netflix subscription, it seems. The International Business Times hears that the internet-only offering, reportedly called HBO Now, will set you back $15 per month. That's not extravagant (your TV provider, if you have one, is paying roughly as much behind the scenes), but it reflects the company's view that this is a premium product.

It's unclear just where you'll get to watch HBO Now. However, IBT tipsters claim that Apple has been the "most aggressive" in pushing for a deal. Not surprisingly, it sees HBO as a great way to boost Apple TV sales -- you're more likely to buy the tiny media hub if you know you can watch the new Game of Thrones season without signing up for a top-tier cable package. It's not clear how close the two sides are to an agreement, although it's likely that Apple won't be the only one supporting HBO Now on launch.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
That price kind of sucks if you already have basic cable in some fashion. You can probably get HBO & Cinemax live channels(Like 15-20 channels I'm guessing) On Demand for both, and HBO go for the same price.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I hope this comes to the Chromecast. My life would be complete :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Paying the same price for it with cable and can normally get it knocked down to 5-10 bucks a month. :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They already have, ESPN is part of SlingTV.

AND Bein Sport

and $15 is hella cheap considering you get the ENTIRE back catalog of all HBO original shows, specials and documentaries as well as their news shows.

so lets say you sling TV and HBO + Netflix....so 25 + 15 + 8 = $48

Comcast's basic doesn't even start until $50, not counting espn2 and HBO. Or adding in for netflix...thats an easy choice imo.

Last edited:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
AND Bein Sport

and $15 is hella cheap considering you get the ENTIRE back catalog of all HBO original shows, specials and documentaries as well as their news shows.

so lets say you sling TV and HBO + Netflix....so 25 + 15 + 8 = $48

Comcast's basic doesn't even start until $50, not counting espn2 and HBO. Or adding in for netflix...thats an easy choice imo.

Not including the price of internet service to be able to view it. It would be nearly the same for me if not more.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Not sure there is any money to be saved with this. May as well just get it with your cable package.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/04/hbo-now-pricing/

Wondering how much HBO's hyped-upstandalone streaming service will cost you when it (hopefully) arrives this April? Considerably more than your Netflix subscription, it seems. The International Business Times hears that the internet-only offering, reportedly called HBO Now, will set you back $15 per month. That's not extravagant (your TV provider, if you have one, is paying roughly as much behind the scenes), but it reflects the company's view that this is a premium product.

It's unclear just where you'll get to watch HBO Now. However, IBT tipsters claim that Apple has been the "most aggressive" in pushing for a deal. Not surprisingly, it sees HBO as a great way to boost Apple TV sales -- you're more likely to buy the tiny media hub if you know you can watch the new Game of Thrones season without signing up for a top-tier cable package. It's not clear how close the two sides are to an agreement, although it's likely that Apple won't be the only one supporting HBO Now on launch.
Ummmm, Verizon gave me every premium channel for free for 2yrs. But if I didn't have that, HBO is only $10 a month, and comes with access to on demand and HBO-Go.
The price you would pay for internet and HBO-Go would make cutting the cord useless cuz you paying the same amount already

Not to mention when you don't have TV they will invoke there throttle rights. Don't believe me just do it :manny:

That is why they have it in there where they "can limit" if you use more than 250gb of data. They don't care if you use their cable services, and do if you don't. This type of info can't be had everywhere on the internet either. This some high quality posting right here boy :whew:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That price kind of sucks if you already have basic cable in some fashion. You can probably get HBO & Cinemax live channels(Like 15-20 channels I'm guessing) On Demand for both, and HBO go for the same price.

Difference is as more of these channels do a la carte, you can suspend your service when your favorite shows aren't showing