No thread on HBO pricing its standalone streaming service? $15/month

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Yeah, but how many HD boxes you gonna need with an ISP to get all of your content to your various TVs in HD?

Well, I only use one TV in my house. I have wifi throughout the house, so any one who can access apps on their phone, or tablet, can get onto Xfinity and watch the channels that are on the app, or get online an do whatever they want. There's probably benefits to both sides. It's just that I don't need to change over to access the content I want. It doesn't change my bill much and might cost more. I am getting HBO right now for free, through my initial signup with Comcast. I don't use Netflix, because I don't watch many movies and t.v. shows. My main focus is having access to the internet and being able to watch sporting events. There's not much more for me. I don't have a wife and family right now, so I don't have to please them.

For somebody else, it might be the way to go.:manny:

Daps
Right, but you have to pay for internet bruh. Internet is fairly cheap if you bundle. And not cheap at all if you don't. For the price of this, you could get cable is what I'm saying. If you was a real cord cutter, you'd know. I was living that life for the past year. Just came back to the real world, out from under my rock. And while I rocked with it (u don't think that was hilarious bruh) I've come to realize that I only miss what I don't have. When I didn't have cable I felt I needed cable or an alternative. I got cable and don't even be watching that shyt. I'm paying $20 more than I was previously, got a $400 visa check card, got every premium channel. Good luck with yours bruh

You're getting fooled by the "bundles" breh.

Internet alone is far more than $15 cheaper than internet+TV especially once you start adding in HD, multiple boxes and then premium channels.

And I'm not subscribing to this, I'm Jack Sparrow out here, I was just saying they didn't price nor develop this offering for those who already have cable/satellite. It's a product for those who don't have cable for whatever reason.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
personally I think its a good deal for people that dont know how to torrent :manny: Its 10 bucks amonth if you have cable, but at that point you are already paying 100+ ( in most cases) to be able to add that 10 bucks to your bill. What they really should implement is a "streaming live" part of this service ( not with HBOgo) so you can watch the shows you want to live.
i dont torrent at all...i stream everything. You familiar with tvmc on firetv? People can get a firetv and watch all this stuff for free without having to torrent or download anything. Paying 15 for literally one channel basically...thats crazy to me lol. If they want to do it though thats on them :manny:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
i dont torrent at all...i stream everything. You familiar with tvmc on firetv? People can get a firetv and watch all this stuff for free without having to torrent or download anything. Paying 15 for literally one channel basically...thats crazy to me lol. If they want to do it though thats on them :manny:
yeah, ive heard its great....and I get ya, I would never pay the 15 for it..but I mean im talking about people(mainly a some peeps that are my parents age who just got rid of cable and copped streaming boxes) that dont know much about tech stuff might find it difficult to use that verses just an HBO app like they might use netflix or hulu.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
They already have, ESPN is part of SlingTV.
I think he was talking more like a stand-alone version of the nfl ticket. Hell, I'd pay 20-25 a month for the season just for 1 team. Directv needs to go ahead and end that agreement.