No thread on HBO pricing its standalone streaming service? $15/month

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And as soon as the masses start doing so, contracts will be introduced.

:dwillhuh: Netflix and hulu both allow this now, why would the companies do that it would almost defeat the purpose of standalone services

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:dwillhuh: Netflix and hulu both allow this now, why would the companies do that it would almost defeat the purpose of standalone services

Netflix and Hulu aren't a service that garners a substantial amount of subscribers based on original programming being in season. Premium channels do. Why do you think most providers just give you the shyt for $5 to $10 a month for a year? They'd rather take that than your $15 for 3 months. The price they pay to the likes of HBO/SHO is a set price anyway. If these standalone premiums are gonna survive they'll need a continual subscriber base, not one that fluctuates based on in season programming. Trust me if it comes to that, there will be contracts. TRUST ME.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Not worth it for me to cut the cord especially if you like the convenience of having multiple tvs. Like others have said, you can get Complete HBO package with GO for $10 a month. A few months ago I was about to cancel my subscription until GoT came back but before I submitted that change online at fios.com, they offered it for $10 a month for a year. If Apple or Google can get HBO, ESPN, etc bundled together for a ONETIME fee meaning I can by Apple TV with everything activated without subscriptions then they would be getting somewhere :yeshrug:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4
Daps
Ummmm, Verizon gave me every premium channel for free for 2yrs. But if I didn't have that, HBO is only $10 a month, and comes with access to on demand and HBO-Go.
The price you would pay for internet and HBO-Go would make cutting the cord useless cuz you paying the same amount already

Not to mention when you don't have TV they will invoke there throttle rights. Don't believe me just do it :manny:

That is why they have it in there where they "can limit" if you use more than 250gb of data. They don't care if you use their cable services, and do if you don't. This type of info can't be had everywhere on the internet either. This some high quality posting right here boy :whew:

This service isn't targeted for those who also have cable/satellite. It's for those who want HBO but not the other hundreds of other channels you have to pay for before you can even get HBO

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep trying to put you dudes on that fire TV wave but you focus on bad deals like this.

15 dollars a month for only HBO is laughable imo...can't believe some of you guys think this is a good deal smh.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I keep trying to put you dudes on that fire TV wave but you focus on bad deals like this.

15 dollars a month for only HBO is laughable imo...can't believe some of you guys think this is a good deal smh.
personally I think its a good deal for people that dont know how to torrent :manny: Its 10 bucks amonth if you have cable, but at that point you are already paying 100+ ( in most cases) to be able to add that 10 bucks to your bill. What they really should implement is a "streaming live" part of this service ( not with HBOgo) so you can watch the shows you want to live.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I pay 20 for hbo, showtime, and like 8 other movie channels and it doesn't impact my data use. No point in switching to this.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not including the price of internet service to be able to view it. It would be nearly the same for me if not more.
Yeah, but how many HD boxes you gonna need with an ISP to get all of your content to your various TVs in HD?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This service isn't targeted for those who also have cable/satellite. It's for those who want HBO but not the other hundreds of other channels you have to pay for before you can even get HBO
Right, but you have to pay for internet bruh. Internet is fairly cheap if you bundle. And not cheap at all if you don't. For the price of this, you could get cable is what I'm saying. If you was a real cord cutter, you'd know. I was living that life for the past year. Just came back to the real world, out from under my rock. And while I rocked with it (u don't think that was hilarious bruh) I've come to realize that I only miss what I don't have. When I didn't have cable I felt I needed cable or an alternative. I got cable and don't even be watching that shyt. I'm paying $20 more than I was previously, got a $400 visa check card, got every premium channel. Good luck with yours bruh