No Thread on Sweden Getting Strapped Up?

Daps
Reppin
St louis
you know shyt real when the Iron Bank
strap up.
UKVu0t8.gif

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sweden is on the cusp of joining NATO, but it's being held up by one country (Hungary) who happen to be close to Russia. If Sweden joins NATO and is attacked by Russia, the US would be legally compelled to enter the war. Given the disaster they're facing in Ukraine, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. But at some point Putin or his successor is going to make a direct threat on a NATO country bordering that area, like Poland, with Sweden not far behind.
giphy.gif

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
how are you immune to commodity price fluctuations and global trade from swedish goods? :ohhh:
What Swedish goods does a typical Black American use? Ikea, certain foods. I use none, so you're going to have to illustrate.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
They didn't even try to sugar coat it or romanticize it. Straight up told them war is coming with Russia and to strap up.

Surprisingly a ton of Gen Z in the country said they would volunteer to sign up for the military.
Russia straight up attacked an independent country on some Germany in wwii shyt. Europe is a land that has seen war in every generation. They know what's coming if Ukraine doesn't outlast Russia.

I'd be more surprised if they weren't on that wave. World War III is coming, my hope though is that whilst world War I and II ended formal imperialism, WWIII will end fossil fuel capitalism and reorient the focus of governments around the world on protecting human life.

Nuclear weapons are in the mix now though, so unfortunately some countries will probably be turned into radioactive Deserts. Imperialism took 50 million lives with it (lowest estimate combining both world wars) and nearly 151 million combining both on the high end

Fossil capital is going to take down a similar number of both world wars in one global series of conflicts(if we are lucky) if not, the death toll will be in the Billions. Not just from the bombs being dropped and the bullets, but the radiation poisoning as well from radioactive dirt and dust floating around, diseases from the sheer number of corpses and human+animal remains that will be littering the ground and bubbling up in rivers and seas and the dramatic change in temperature that will come from over a billion lives disappearing in only a few years or less. That includes methane emissions from animals used for industrial scale meat farming and emissions from planes, cars and other transports that won't be in use.

People were not ready for the horrors of industrial war. That's going to look humane compared to nuclear war. Losses may not even be measured in people, it may be measured in countries. Places like Japan, Korea, Cuba, even England or France may be turned into wastelands where nothing will ever grow again for decades. The nukes used in Japan were 1st generation bombs, so Hiroshima and Nagasaki are habitable again after 70+ years. The nukes we have now are on another level. They're stronger than the tsar Bomba:
ONE bomb did this:

And here's a simulation for what would happen if something like that were dropped in a major city like Moscow

Last edited: