No thread on the Atlanta Monster? 1979-1981 serial killer of black children?

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
He wasn't completely innocent. He most certainly had a hand in luring those kids to their deaths.
From listening to the podcast I got very strong true detective vibes so I believe this.
I don't think he did all the killing but him being the recruiter quote unquote makes sense with his fake talent agency and his fibers being on multiple bodies
I definitely see them being like we gotta get somebody and that was the first break so they pinned it all on him.
I haven't watched episode 4 but what did you think of the guy who was making a documentary on YouTube and had one of the victims brothers saying a much of dudes raped and killed him?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Some of the low-level pedos.

Notice that the FBI was clear in their belief that it was likely a sex ring, whereas APD and city leadership wanted to cast it in a different light. Why? :jbhmm:

Thomas "Uncle Tom" Terrell, died April 26, 2003. He was born March 13, 1918. Convicted multiple times of pedophilia. His two dilapidated homes were known hangouts of children and homosexuals. Jerry Thornton another pedophile and homosexual friend of Tom's stated he saw at least 10 of the children at Tom's homes.

Jerry Thornton alias (Frankie Mealing) Friend of Tom Terrell and also a known homosexual and pedophile that told police he saw at least 10 of the children at Tom's houses and who later admitted he and Tom had been sexually involved with a number of the children.

Larry Hill aka Larry Marshall. He worked as a security guard and lived less than a block away from Patrick Baltazar. He also knew victim Timmy Hill. He also had a son named Timothy Hill (not a victim). On March 20, 1981 Larry Hill was arrested in Conneticut at the request of Atlanta police for a robbery committed in Atlanta. The day he was arrested, the first adult victim "disappeared" in Atlanta. Larry Hill told police that he received a note from victim Timothy Hill from an individual that told him to "get out of town!". Larry Hill also told authorities that the man that wrote the message was associated with the murders. The letter was signed Rev. E.C.

Last edited:

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
it's thecoli breh, white supremacy drove him to do all this :manny:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This whole case is so fascinating, so many layers and aspects. So many unturned stones

Someone need to find the last of those sanders brothers.

True. I am pretty sure the Sanders family killed a few of the kids. They were a known factor, but the authorities didn't want to pursue that angle as it would have caused the city to erupt.

Race war would have been in full effect in Atlanta.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I haven't watched episode 4 but what did you think of the guy who was making a documentary on YouTube and had one of the victims brothers saying a much of dudes raped and killed him?

You mean that Jamie Brooks guy?

389251_459609167387379_1346100720_n.jpg

Yeah. He likely killed Clifford Jones. Three or four people provided detailed accounts.

The one theory that's been out there is that some of the kids were killed by Jamie Brooks. He worked in a laundromat near the river, which explains the multiple fibers found on the victims' bodies and the fact that the kids were often found in clothes that didn't belong to them.

As one investigator correctly pointed out, Jamie Brooks and Wayne Williams went to jail around the same time. The pattern murders stopped around the same time. Brooks went to jail for kidnapping and sodomizing a kid. :francis: He died in prison of AIDS.

What was clear was that the Clifford Jones case would have killed the prosecution's case against Williams. So, they excluded that evidence.

The same fibers found on several of the victims were also found on Clifford Jones. Yet, other people saw Jamie Brooks and accomplices rape and strangle Clifford Jones and dispose of his body.

So, if Williams didn't kill Jones, it stands to reason that he didn't kill the other kids for which the state presented fiber evidence.

Ultimately, there was no one killer.

The Sanders brothers killed a few, Jamie Brooks killed a few, a pedo ring killed a few, random street violence claimed a few, etc. Not to mention, in some cases, parents or relatives probably killed one or two and used the hysteria as cover.

Williams was not completely innocent, as I do believe he helped lure some of the kids into the pedo ring in exchange for payment of some sort.

Last edited:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
True. I am pretty sure the Sanders family killed a few of the kids. They were a known factor, but the authorities didn't want to pursue that angle as it would have caused the city to erupt.

Race war would have been in full effect in Atlanta.
Right. I believe that family was responsible for a majority of the (child) murders. The main culprit is supposedly dead but there’s still 3 or 4 brothers left that participated. This case needs to be reopened.