Noah Hawley Developing Dr. Doom Movie for FOX

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just came in here to post this and say we probably need a comic con thread but holy shyt:ohhh:
Thought I saw one yesterday and it went to the 2nd or 3rd page with no replies.

Tomorrow is probably when all the trailers drop :banderas:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I always wanted a triumph and torment movie directed by David fincher, with christoph waltz as doom.

Is legion good? Is it canceled?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A Doom movie about him trying to save his mom from Hell would be dope.
Just make some changes to the Triumph & Torment graphic novel, namely remove Dr. Strange and replace him with a magic character that Fox owns like Agatha Harkness or her son Nicholas Scratch or (the idea I would use) is use the Fox version of Scarlet Witch as the magic user tricked into helping Doom rescue his mom.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
A Doom movie about him trying to save his mom from Hell would be dope.
Just make some changes to the Triumph & Torment graphic novel, namely remove Dr. Strange and replace him with a magic character that Fox owns like Agatha Harkness or her son Nicholas Scratch or (the idea I would use) is use the Fox version of Scarlet Witch as the magic user tricked into helping Doom rescue his mom.

It is Doom's best story but I think they will focus more on him actually becoming Dr Doom and taking over Latveria in line with Brubaker's Books Of Doom. That story also touches on his mother's history so it would make a nice segue into Triumph & Torment later.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Are they using the new Doom from FF4? :ohhh:

They could probably make this story. Were Doom is an apprentice to the marquis of death then gets thrown into the bushes only to come back and take revenge.
fantastic-four-567-pg03.jpg

That would be off the chain!!!:wow: Not to mention, the Marquis of Death is powerful as fcuk!!! I can only imagine the craziness if this was adapted properly :banderas:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Exclusive: Mads Mikkelsen Interested In Playing DOCTOR DOOM

Back in March, it was reported that actor Mads Mikkelsen walked out of a Doctor Doom audition for 2015’s Fantastic Four reboot.

That apparently isn’t exactly the case, as he revealed while speaking to us exclusively at London Film and Comic Con.

When asked about walking out of the audition:

“I didn’t walk out. When I left it, I was just like – this is crazy. I don’t even have long arms. What am I doing in here? The audition was only about long arms. No lines. I felt a little funny.”

Given the recent news that FOX is producing a solo Doctor Doom film, we asked the actor if it’s a role that he’s still interested in:

“Yeah, it’s always interesting. They are experimenting with doing some of the villain’s stories as well. Let’s see if they do that. I’m not familiar that they’ve done it with anyone yet. They haven’t done it with The Joker [and] they haven’t done it with The Penguin. So we’ll see when that day comes.”

We also asked him if he looks for certain qualities like that in a role:

“Well, I hope that all characters have a little more rounded shape in the sense that they have two sides of the coin. Yes, they are villains. Hannibal is a baddie – but at the same time, we kind of like him. I think all characters – goodies or baddies, should have a little of both and I think that every actor looks for that in a character.”

When Hannibal was brought up, we naturally asked him if there was any update on a potential return for the series, and here’s what he told us:

“The news is the same as you know. We talk once in a while – everyone who is involved. I think the people in the wings are working a little on it. But right now, there is still no news. I can tell you this much, all the cast would love to do it again and it’s all up to Bryan [Fuller] and the network.”
I'm praying to the Old Gods and the New
J21VeR3.png

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Exclusive: Mads Mikkelsen Interested In Playing DOCTOR DOOM
Back in March, it was reported that actor Mads Mikkelsen walked out of a Doctor Doom audition for 2015’s Fantastic Four reboot.

That apparently isn’t exactly the case, as he revealed while speaking to us exclusively at London Film and Comic Con.

When asked about walking out of the audition:

“I didn’t walk out. When I left it, I was just like – this is crazy. I don’t even have long arms. What am I doing in here? The audition was only about long arms. No lines. I felt a little funny.”

Given the recent news that FOX is producing a solo Doctor Doom film, we asked the actor if it’s a role that he’s still interested in:

“Yeah, it’s always interesting. They are experimenting with doing some of the villain’s stories as well. Let’s see if they do that. I’m not familiar that they’ve done it with anyone yet. They haven’t done it with The Joker [and] they haven’t done it with The Penguin. So we’ll see when that day comes.”

We also asked him if he looks for certain qualities like that in a role:

“Well, I hope that all characters have a little more rounded shape in the sense that they have two sides of the coin. Yes, they are villains. Hannibal is a baddie – but at the same time, we kind of like him. I think all characters – goodies or baddies, should have a little of both and I think that every actor looks for that in a character.”

When Hannibal was brought up, we naturally asked him if there was any update on a potential return for the series, and here’s what he told us:

“The news is the same as you know. We talk once in a while – everyone who is involved. I think the people in the wings are working a little on it. But right now, there is still no news. I can tell you this much, all the cast would love to do it again and it’s all up to Bryan [Fuller] and the network.”

I'm praying to the Old Gods and the New
J21VeR3.png

Please god let this happen. Mads is born to play bad guys. Please let him cook (pun intended)
giphy.gif

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
If the Doom movie is a success what's stopping Fox from partnering with Marvel like Sony did?

You have to think if it makes money they're going to want more Doom movies, which means he's going to need more heroes to face.

Yes they can just as easily integrate their own versions of F4 & X-Men but it looks like this is going to be completely separate from everything else they've done so far. Might as well have him go up against the heavy hitters at Marvel.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If the Doom movie is a success what's stopping Fox from partnering with Marvel like Sony did?

You have to think if it makes money they're going to want more Doom movies, which means he's going to need more heroes to face.

Yes they can just as easily integrate their own versions of F4 & X-Men but it looks like this is going to be completely separate from everything else they've done so far. Might as well have him go up against the heavy hitters at Marvel.
Too far in the future to even think that. This movie is in development. It won't be hitting screens until at least 2020. I want F4, Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang and Annihilus all in the MCU. But right now it is nowhere near happening so I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Fox can find a way to get Doom right :wow:

4 of the last 6 Marvel movies were good (Xmen FC, Xmen DOFP, Logan, and Deadpool)

It can be done.