not being able to make friends is one of the most frustrating things

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
going out drinking is how i got good at talking to people :yeshrug:

if you're not getting sloshed, eventually you'll start picking up cues for when you're sober...

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
KingTut is right. You may want to join a group.
They are likely to be in a more accepting mood and you will share interests.

In class people are focused on assignments and bored to death.

If your school has a fashion design course or something similar you can snag a chick from there cause its all girls and a couple gay dudes.
Or if your school has a pool and you are in shape take intro swimming. Its goofing around in the shallow end of the pool. Relaxed enviornment, chicks in bikinis. Avoid buying tickets to school theatre productions. There is no mobility so you cant mingle, you have to sit in your seat, and you aren't supposed to talk. Waste of time.

If a fun movie is coming out on the weekend you can mention you are going to see it and how good it looks, and a girl might say she saw it advertise as well, or a guy might say they wanted to see it also. So setting up a movie date could nab you a girlfriend or a regular friend. Or both.

Good luck.

art_vandelay

Rookie
Daps
You don't have to go out and join a fraternity if that's not your style, but it is a good idea to find some kind of group on campus to be a part of to get you knowing other people.
Are you politically active, artistic or interested in other languages or something? I was a bit shy in college but I learned to made friends through interest groups like Amnesty International or UNICEF, things that took me outside of my own thoughts. I'm sure you can find something there of interest and you can always see a counselor at school about the depression, nothing wrong with that!

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Get a job on campus, man. You get to know people when you're stuck with them 4 hours a day.

Im in the same boat though.. Last semester I lived at home and I was miserable. No friends, no time for making beats, no job...

I moved out this summer, and started working 25 hours a week.. Met some cool ass people. Im still pretty close with a few of my former co workers. Its easier to make friends at work because that shyt doesnt feel forced. Making friends through classes or whatever... everyone else is trying to go about their business so you feel like a cornball :mjlol:

But when you get a job, and especially during down hours... all you do to pass the time is talk bullshyt :manny:

Last edited:

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
No friends >> having friends who'd inevitable piss you off.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Oh yeah.... accept where you're at in life and learn to love it.

You might never have a boisterous group of friends you can get hammered with and harass chicks at the bar :russ:

But its good to have a few friends you can talk to when you've had a shytty week.

Once you've got that... Youll be able to thrive in a space some people might see as lonely.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The same way. I haven't made any friends in college but that's by choice. I choose to stay to myself I've been this way since middle school and people seem to curious about it.

My advice to yu is to just embrace it bruh. Don't look bothered by staying to urself and it'll give off a cool vibe.