Now I See Why Shaq Always Hated on Dwight Howard

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Howard was always a threat to him. He could’ve been the real “Superman”.
The way Shaq (and Kobe) treated Dwight over the years made him seem like a bum to me for so long :mindblown:

and I bet it kinda mentally affected Dwight’s career. Now in Charlotte He’s getting more love and respect and I’m starting to see him for what he is :ohhh:
A hall of famer:banderas:

Shaq on the other hand is looking more like an underachiever :manny:

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dwight's career could’ve been better than it was, but his career was generally a case of wrong place at the wrong time as much as it was him needing a jumper and at least 1-2 go to moves in the post. His game wasn’t what you want in your top scorer. He arrived in Orlando just as McGrady goes to Houston and the best player he gets to play with is either Rashard Lewis or a past his prime Vince Carter and eventually he needs back surgery. He gets to Los Angeles just as the organization turns into a mess and leaves after a season. Things started off solid in Houston but kinda fizzled out while he had knee problems & Har_en was really not interested in playing defense and was isolating way too much and now here we are. He’s still a lock for the hall of fame though. For a while it felt like he was an easy lock to predict for defensive player of the year and I probably would’ve voted for him to be the MVP in 2011. As it is though, he’s the only guy from 2006 onward to lead a team without a past, present, or future MVP to the finals.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Dwight's career could’ve been better than it was, but his career was generally a case of wrong place at the wrong time as much as it was him needing a jumper and at least 1-2 go to moves in the post. His game wasn’t what you want in your top scorer. He arrived in Orlando just as McGrady goes to Houston and the best player he gets to play with is either Rashard Lewis or a past his prime Vince Carter and eventually he needs back surgery. He gets to Los Angeles just as the organization turns into a mess and leaves after a season. Things started off solid in Houston but kinda fizzled out while he had knee problems & Har_en was really not interested in playing defense and was isolating way too much and now here we are. He’s still a lock for the hall of fame though. For a while it felt like he was an easy lock to predict for defensive player of the year and I probably would’ve voted for him to be the MVP in 2011. As it is though, he’s the only guy from 2006 onward to lead a team without a past, present, or future MVP to the finals.
yeah he had some pretty luck with teams. just imagine if he went to the Spurs instead of PG or if he was who Cleveland decided to sign instead of resigning TT or if GSW gives him a flyer instead of Javale/Zaza

theres dozens of times where teams needed him but either he or they misplayed their hand

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
yeah he had some pretty luck with teams. just imagine if he went to the Spurs instead of PG or if he was who Cleveland decided to sign instead of resigning TT or if GSW gives him a flyer instead of Javale/Zaza

theres dozens of times where teams needed him but either he or they misplayed their hand
He would have had to sign for the mid level exception in Cleveland. They were way over the cap already and the only reason they were able to sign Thompson was because they had his bird rights.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
He would have had to sign for the mid level exception in Cleveland. They were way over the cap already and the only reason they were able to sign Thompson was because they had his bird rights.
I forgot about that. I actually believe the Bron effect wouldve been enough to convince Dwight to sign that tho, especially after the embarrassing tenure he had with Houston. :ehh: it wouldve been worth at least having discussions

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Shaq began mentally jabbing at him from the jump....especially after the Superman dunk during that all star weekend......still Howard is his own man, and shouldn’t let a retiree in the analysts booth effect his career. But Shaq was definitely on some hating shyt in the beginning....Shaq stay on some sucka shyt.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yeah Shaq underperformed but he still got 4 rings.

Dwight should be at least gotten 2. His physical attributes are off the charts but he never developed post moves and didn't have the mentality.

I can forgive circumstances and not living up to physical gifts. but Dwight never had "It." At his BEST he won one game in the Finals and barely out scored Rashard Lewis in that series.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Dwight has gotten shytted on the last few years but he's still an effective player and he could really be a factor for a contender as long as they use him correctly. As long as he knows what he is at this point and that's being the perfect garbage man type player who gets buckets off put backs and offensive rebound. If he thinks like that he will put up 15 and 10 plus for the next 3 or 4 years thus making his Hall of Fame candidacy that much stronger.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
All I know is,...
If somebody say right now he was huff,....dey is a cot damn lie.

Howard gettin it in every night in charlotte for real.

nikkaz sleep, nikkaz sleep.
Like nikkaz really sleep.

Duke got everything work'n in any situation.
Only time he getting stopped in the paint is never right now.

Don't sleep.

That dream shyt he doing like first natural nature, too.

Plus he got a flame from outside.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Dwight has gotten shytted on the last few years but he's still an effective player and he could really be a factor for a contender as long as they use him correctly. As long as he knows what he is at this point and that's being the perfect garbage man type player who gets buckets off put backs and offensive rebound. If he thinks like that he will put up 15 and 10 plus for the next 3 or 4 years thus making his Hall of Fame candidacy that much stronger.

Howard ain't no garbage man now.

He just don't shoot the treball like a component of his game but I have seen him showcase he could FAQ a few from tre, too.

Howard puts the ball on the floor and all that shyt now.

Art Barr