Now It's Money in the Pocket All Day Like Tom Brady: Patriots vs. Texans 1/14 Playoff Game Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
In New England’s first nine games its defense allowed four opponents to score 20 or more points, including a season-high 30 given up in its 31-24 home loss to Seattle on Nov. 13.

But during their current seven-game win streak the Patriots only allowed an opponent to score 20 or more points once, during their 30-23 win over the Ravens on Dec. 12.

And after going three straight weeks in the middle of the season without forcing a turnover, 14 of the Patriots’ 23 total takeaways came in their final six games.

It adds to the challenge for a Houston team that enters Saturday’s divisional-round matchup having already been shut out by the Patriots in a Week 3 loss (27-0). Texans coach Bill O’Brien said finding a way to crack the Patriots’ run defense will be one of the biggest priorities.

New England has 34 sacks, led by Trey Flowers (7), Jabaal Sheard (5), and Chris Long and Rob Ninkovich (4 apiece). It will mean lots of different looks for Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler.

What about the defense? Stingy Pats a challenge for Texans

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Patriots losing to the Texans in a playoff game, at home, in prime time, would be a total and complete failure.
The only way I see it if the Pats actually not practice seriously and not take Houston seriously at all. Pats are 7-1 against Texans for games played including a playoff game. A few were close but more were blowouts or convincing wins. Brock was shut out and played worst than a 3 string rookie, who did fairly well and looked poised. If he can beat AND outperform starting QB and one of the GOAT...then it will be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the NFL. I can imagine the fukkery if that ensues.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Blount will have a game, and Houston will pull out some trick plays, fakes, and some deep balls. They may as well come out aggressive for this
How u think Butler and rest of secondary will do? I think he can get at least one pick off Brock or force a fumble.

I agree with Blount....can see him having a great game.

Daps
I been thinking Pats would be one and one in the playoffs this year and...I'm staying with it.

Texans-24
Pats-21

full

Will re-quote this post and laugh at your abject poverty when the Patriots win.

Daps
How u think Butler and rest of secondary will do? I think he can get at least one pick off Brock or force a fumble.

I agree with Blount....can see him having a great game.

I think the front 4 will get some pressure in this game and we will have about 3 sacks, maybe a strip sack. I think the Houston O will struggle at foxboro to do anything really.