NY and NJ heads, what's it like to live around/deal with "Italians"?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
In general as a community and based on your interactions with with them.

I swear I only see the mofos on TV.

I've never lived in the Northeast so I don't find myself around then very often even tho they have quite a rep. If in not mistaken the only ones I've ever interact with are this chick that way my old roommate's sister in law. She was beautiful... Talked a lot of the typical Italian shyt talk (per movies and TV) about being "connected" blah blah . We hung out together got drinks at this bar and I wanted to fukk but I had no shot whatsoever.:manny:
The other is this cat I'm cool with who's an engineer for CableVision/Optimum when I spent time working in NY a few months on a project. I'm assuming he's Italian due to his lastname.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
In general as a community and based on your interactions with with them.

I swear I only see the mofos on TV.

I've never lived in the Northeast so I don't find myself around then very often even tho they have quite a rep. If in not mistaken the only ones I've ever interact with are this chick that way my old roommate's sister in law. She was beautiful... Talked a lot of the typical Italian shyt talk (per movies and TV) about being "connected" blah blah . We hung out together got drinks at this bar and I wanted to fukk but I had no shot whatsoever.:manny:
The other is this cat I'm cool with who's an engineer for CableVision/Optimum when I spent time working in NY a few months on a project. I'm assuming he's Italian due to his lastname.

My parents accountant is Italian.

Italian people are very traditional. They tend to like to be around themselves. If there’s any threat of non-Italians moving into the area they will quickly all flee the area

Italian women and Italian men also do not date as much outside their heritage compared to Irish.

As far as the racist stuff many Italians are very conservative so naturally they will sound racist to someone who doesn’t understand the difference between actual racism and conservative thinking.

Italians are not as physically racist as they were in the past. Many infamous Italian hoods like Bensonhurst and Howardbeach have black and Hispanic people walking all over the area now.

Other Italian hoods are mostly Caribbean and Asian now.

Mill Basin, Flatlands, Canarsie, Rosedale, Laurelton are all 75% to 90% black

Bensonhurst and Flushing are basically Chinatown now.

Italian racist today in Brooklyn are mostly angry at Chinese people these days and have let a lot of their hate (except the hoodrats) towards blacks (except the hoodrats) simmer down.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Growing up in The Bronx and Harlem I hardly ever saw them :yeshrug:

I just saw some shyt saying The Bronx is 45% white

That is a bold face fukkin lie :stopitslime:

I doubt even 10% of the BX is white

The few white areas aren't densely populated like the Black and Latino ones

Daps
Different levels.

There are scumbag guido Italians mostly blue collar. Tats and steroids.

You have old school Italians that bring lunch from home everyday and mind their business don’t fukk with anyone that ain’t Italian.

You got wanna be gangster listen to hiphop Italians that grew up on hiphop and still racist.

Mafia is still alive and kicking but they are not doing street crime anymore. Still in sanitation, and politics.

They are huge in the unions, plenty of police and firemen.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Growing up in The Bronx and Harlem I hardly ever saw them :yeshrug:

I just saw some shyt saying The Bronx is 45% white

That is a bold face fukkin lie :stopitslime:

I doubt even 10% of the BX is white

The few white areas aren't densely populated like the Black and Latino ones

That’s not accurate I’m sure you were really looking at “Hispanic white”.

Bronx is not even 11% white. More like 10% white.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They're not as prevalent in NYC as they used to be. As previously mentioned, their former enclaves are now Chinese among other ethnicities. They're still heavy in Staten Island, but that's really about it. My dad has some stories about growing up around them in the Bronx. The Bronx Tale wasn't fiction. He was walking down a street in an Italian neighborhood and almost got run over by someone. An elderly man told him to look out and he jumped out of the way. He befriended someone who was mob affiliated as well.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
That’s not accurate I’m sure you were really looking at “Hispanic white”.

:dahell: is up with yall from other boros trying to tell me about mine?

There is no fukkin way in hell the X is 45% white and I have not ever in life met a Latino from the BX who identified as white, not even the light skinned ones

Fat Joe identifies as black

Outside Riverdale, Pelham Bay, Throggs Neck and I guess City Island you will hardly find a Caucasian anywhere else in the BX let alone in large numbers.

BX is no less than 85% Black and Latino, very few of which identify as "white."

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Outside of school or work I very rarely if ever have to interact with a non black person, Italian or not. But overall some are cool some are annoying and racist. Same as any non black group tbh :yeshrug:.