NY and NJ heads, what's it like to live around/deal with "Italians"?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That’s not accurate I’m sure you were really looking at “Hispanic white”.

Bronx is not even 11% white. More like 10% white.
That 45% percentage is from the 2010 census.

So, yeah, a good amount of Latinos in the Bronx checked "White" on the census.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:dahell: is up with yall from other boros trying to tell me about mine?

There is no fukkin way in hell the X is 45% white and I have not ever in life met a Latino from the BX who identified as white, not even the light skinned ones

Fat Joe identifies as black

Outside Riverdale, Pelham Bay, Throggs Neck and I guess City Island you will hardly find a Caucasian anywhere else in the BX let alone in large numbers.

BX is no less than 85% Black and Latino, very few of which identify as "white."

Did you not read my comment correctly?

You probably read “Hispanic white”.

The Bronx is not even 11% white.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@JQ Legend I see you aren’t too familiar with demographics.

I learned in college that the vast majority of Hispanics in the police force are categorized as white hispanics.

Also your friends do not make up the majority of Latinos.

The Bronx is 50% Hispanic I believe but when it comes to race a lot of them check white.

That’s where your confusion is coming from.

Daps
People in here aren’t telling the full story. Unless you grew up in an area where they have numbers then you don’t know what’s up

The ones from traditional backgrounds are hot tempered, rude, disrespectful, confrontational. They don’t bite their tongue generally but they WILL switch up and try to keep it cool if blacks are in large numbers. Any black person with east coast roots likely has older relatives and male family members who grew up fighting those fakkits in the 60s and 70s because the Italians tried to harass blacks just minding their own business. The “Joey Caruso” character from everybody hates Chris is very accurate, Italians like that existed en masse on the east coast back in those days. Those same Italians are obviously still around today and they pass their bullshyt onto their children

Don’t get me completely wrong, EVERY group has cool people. They’re not all bad but both sides need to be told

Daps
The elementary school I went to was HEAVY with Italian Catholics. They were cool for the most part, and I still see the mom of an Italian kid I went to school with. She always says hi, and is happy to see me. Nice family.

But I doubt she would want me to date her daughter who was one of those little mustache Italian girls, but grew up to look good.

Now, I only interact with Italians if I happen to go to one of their pizza spots, but for the last year I’ve been going to the Pakistani pizza spots. The pizza is decent, and at least I’m supporting a non-white business.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
People in here aren’t telling the full story. Unless you grew up in an area where they have numbers then you don’t know what’s up

The ones from traditional backgrounds are hot tempered, rude, disrespectful, confrontational. They don’t bite their tongue generally but they WILL switch up and try to keep it cool if blacks are in large numbers. Any black person with east coast roots likely has older relatives and male family members who grew up fighting those fakkits in the 60s and 70s because the Italians tried to harass blacks just minding their own business. The “Joey Caruso” character from everybody hates Chris is very accurate, Italians like that existed en masses on the east coast back in those days. Those same Italians are obviously still around today and they pass their bullshyt onto their children

Don’t get me completely wrong, EVERY group has cool people. They’re not all bad but both sides need to be told

I think people on here are speaking in present terms.

The old school Italians are ass holes without a doubt.

But at least today you can walk in their neighborhoods without a issue as much as back in the day.

There’s a black saxophonist who plays his sax at Cross Bay Blvd at the Starbucks.

Ain’t no way he would be bold to do that in prior to 95

:mjtf: