NY Did It Again. Juneteeth To Be A State Holiday

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
No it's exclusive to Texas cause it's the day when slaves in Texas finally got their freedom.

The Emanicipation Proclamation had already freed the other slaves, Texas didnt get the news until 2 years later on June 19

:comeon: Texas did know about emancipation just like everybody else did. They just chose not to officially uphold it & tell black slaves till 2 yrs later. The confederacy & succession were basically dead at that point.

News didn't stop at the Louisiana border.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE

1. DECENDANTS OF THOSE
FREED TEXAS SLAVES NOW LIVE
IN VARIOUS PARTS OF THE COUNTRY.

2. A LOT BLACK PPL IN TEXAS
ARE DECENDANTS OF SLAVES FROM OTHER STATES.
:devil:
:evil:

This, there's a ton of Texas descendants in CA (and especially in LA) along with Louisiana, Arkansas & Mississippi.

As long as they speak on the history during the actual Juneteenth events (which they do in SF) I don't see the issue.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The point is that they basically are in a nice way telling folks to "shut up" or an excuse to not do what NEEDS to be. What exactly is a holiday supposed to do? Y'all playing yourselves being celebratory over nothing. We NEED more. Cool for the holiday but that still doesnt change the focus.

What do you mean by "yall" a few years agopeople were shoutong nothing will change, now things are at a worldwide level..laws are being changed, cops are being put on notice, etc...yes its a start but to criticize every little thing is foolish imo becuase im sure the next thing positive that happens you are are gonna be on some "but but bu..."

We gotta stay on their necks which is happening

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
“B-b-b-but protesting doesn’t accomplish anything.” - Morons on thecoli

Salute to the folks on the ground. A small victory in the overarching picture, yes...but more significant work than the bums on here doing nothing more than racking up a post count with their empty critiques...with no real tangible influence or impact in the world. Y’all know who y’all are :mjgrin:

Nope. This is not true. 1 week of precinct burnings, Molotov cocktails, and all types of violent shyt accomplished more than months of Mike Brown and Occupy Wall Street protests ever did. The nationwide Mike Brown protests led to a couple of parking tickets getting removed or some weak shyt like that in STL.

They respect violence.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

SAVE FACE?

WHEN DID I EVER SAY IT MEANT ANYTHING GOOFY?

CACS & CORPORATIONS ARE GOING OUT OF THERE WAY TO PANDER TO BLACKS
BECAUSE nikkaS STARTED RIOTING PERIOD.

:devil:
:evil:

Why are people going out their way to deny the truth in this post? shyt didn't start moving until Minnesoldiers showed they ass.

And it only took a week.

How long did people yell that weak ass "hands up, dont shoot"? Months? What was the outcome? Not a goddamn thing worth talking about.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
North-East ADOS fam, did y'all ever really celebrate it? Both of my mom's parents were born and raised in Charleston area of SC, yet I never heard from any of her family celebrating it.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Don't see it as jacking, see it as expanding its reach.

I was raised strong ados, but my ppl come from the Carolinas. We didnt celebrate juneteenth. Im happy to share the moment of emancipation with my Texas brehs, tho. Turn up! :cheers:

This seems to be the case with all ADOS NYC:mjlol::salute:

peoples come from north and south carolina