NY Did It Again. Juneteeth To Be A State Holiday

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
How the fukk are y'all arguing in a thread like this? :what:

Twitter and this ADOS shyt dead ass the downfall of political discourse breh. Pro-black cancel culture got dudes mad about who celebrates June-fukkin-teenth. Black American-DOS-Texans only. Good God. The slippery slope y'all set up and here we are.

I swear I think these dudes wouldn't let you celebrate their own birthday if they can find some woke facts and data to bytch about.

shyt was the wave when we was focused on fighting white supremacy instead of negatively policing all of black history and activism.

Prynce

Daps
You are THAT guy. If all of us aren't free...none of us are free. People like you are why the Europeans and Chinese are dominating Africa because you don't think as a collective.

There could be two groups of Black people, one that wears red and one that wears blue...you belong to the blue tribe. You see the Red tribe get dominated and enslaved by Europeans and you stand by idly because "well we aint the same, they wear blue, the Europeans dont have problems with Red". A year later the Europeans are storming into red town and putting y'all in slavery next. BUT this alllll could have been avoid if you fought with the blue in the beginning because you two together could have repelled Europe.
stop being emotional...

Tons of nikka in texas have told me that, get mad with them

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
No it's exclusive to Texas cause it's the day when slaves in Texas finally got their freedom.

The Emanicipation Proclamation had already freed the other slaves, Texas didnt get the news until 2 years later on June 19

No, let's clean this shyt up. The Emancipation Proclamation was issued in the middle of the Civil War, making it meaningless until the war was over. So, the news of the Proclamation didn't take 2 years to get anywhere. News of Robert E. Lee's surrender, on April 9, took 2 months to get there. Their Armies were still fighting until June 2.

The point of the holiday has always been that when the Proclamation was read in Texas, the war was truly over. It's not a celebration for something unique to Texas, it's a celebration of Texas being the conclusion of it all.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Other states really just jacked our holiday smh
Don't see it as jacking, see it as expanding its reach.

I was raised strong ados, but my ppl come from the Carolinas. We didnt celebrate juneteenth. Im happy to share the moment of emancipation with my Texas brehs, tho. Turn up! :cheers:

Prynce

Daps
These responses are really weird..

:mjtf:

Because slaves were freed in Texas that means black people in other states can’t celebrate their freedom?

Now other states are jacking it? Wth??!?? It’s only exclusive to people in Texas?? :mindblown:

I’m certain those slaves and their descendants didn’t all stay in Texas so if black people nationwide want to acknowledge that day, you all are pretty foolish to criticize them for it.
I'm not criticizing but I've had a lot of texas brehs say they didn't like it when people not from texas celebrate :hubie:

Im not from there and I was just sharing what I heard

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
How is sharing mindset of texas brehs who have themselves in this thread said they wasnt feeling it. How is that being stupid?

As I said:

There could be two groups of Black people, one that wears red and one that wears blue...you belong to the blue tribe. You see the Red tribe get dominated and enslaved by Europeans and you stand by idly because "well we aint the same, they wear blue, the Europeans dont have problems with Red". A year later the Europeans are storming into red town and putting y'all in slavery next. BUT this alllll could have been avoid if you fought with the blue in the beginning because you two together could have repelled Europe.

Just cuz someone is from Texas doesn't mean they are right.

Prynce

Daps
I knew it was only a matter of time before TLR "ADOS" wokes go from black Americans vs immigrants and dissolves into to some senseless black southerners vs east coast nikkas vs west side infighting shyt. Fighting and debating over who did what for ADOS, whos allowed to speak on what. Cali TLR nikkas telling south and east coast TLR nikkas they aint allowed to rep or speak on the Black Panthers. South nikkas debating and claiming Hip Hop music from NYC nikkas because of James Brown and other influences. East coast nikkas claiming Malcolm X cus he started his activism in Harlem but was born in the south. All sides calling each other c00ns.

:mjlol:

Some of yall take black pride to some narcissistic level for real. Black America--Texans, NYers, Californians, Americans, Caribbeans and Africans alike--will be celebrating Juneteenth on Friday. Stop it. This black-on-black cancel culture is getting old.
I can't cancel something I don't own.

But if brehs from texas feel a away who am I to tell them they are wrong?

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I knew it was only a matter of time before TLR "ADOS" wokes go from black Americans vs immigrants and dissolves into to some senseless black southerners vs east coast nikkas vs west side infighting shyt. Fighting and debating over who did what for ADOS, whos allowed to speak on what. Cali TLR nikkas telling south and east coast TLR nikkas they aint allowed to rep or speak on the Black Panthers. South nikkas debating and claiming Hip Hop music from NYC nikkas because of James Brown and other influences. East coast nikkas claiming Malcolm X cus he started his activism in Harlem but was born in the south. All sides calling each other c00ns.

:mjlol:

Some of yall take black pride to some narcissistic level for real. Black America--Texans, NYers, Californians, Americans, Caribbeans and Africans alike--will be celebrating Juneteenth on Friday. Stop it. This black-on-black cancel culture is getting old.

Im pretty sure @Prynce is African. Or maybe I'm confusing him with someone else

:patrice:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Not to be that guy but juneteeth is a holiday that is specific to Texas because they we're emancipated on june 19th

The rest of ADOS had been free way before them. It makes no sense for people outside of texas to celebrate it

It does make sense.

It's the day ALL ADOS could be considered free peoples.

We ALL should celebrate it / recognize that.

SN: people outside of Texas have been celebrating juneteenth for years. This is nothing new. Having it officially recognized by the state is just a "bonus" & it annoys racists.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How is sharing mindset of texas brehs who have themselves in this thread said they wasnt feeling it. How is that being stupid?

THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE

1. DECENDANTS OF THOSE
FREED TEXAS SLAVES NOW LIVE
IN VARIOUS PARTS OF THE COUNTRY.

2. A LOT BLACK PPL IN TEXAS
ARE DECENDANTS OF SLAVES FROM OTHER STATES.
:devil:
:evil: