NY Did It Again. Juneteeth To Be A State Holiday

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

YOU nikkaS ACT LIKE THERE WERENT MASS PROTESTS FOR MIKE BROWN, FREDDIE GRAY, PHILANDO CASTILLE ETC.

THEY ONLY RESPECT FORCE.
:devil:
:evil:

They weren’t nearly this big in scale or didn’t last this long in duration. Riots and destruction may have been a spark but it’s by and large the pressure from thousands of people coming directly at local politicians

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
Suck my dikk u weirdo

Texas nikkas will tell you it's their holiday and some of them don't get why all ados celebrate it

I knew it was only a matter of time before TLR "ADOS" wokes go from black Americans vs immigrants and dissolves into to some senseless black southerners vs east coast nikkas vs west side infighting shyt. Fighting and debating over who did what for ADOS, whos allowed to speak on what. Cali TLR nikkas telling south and east coast TLR nikkas they aint allowed to rep or speak on the Black Panthers. South nikkas debating and claiming Hip Hop music from NYC nikkas because of James Brown and other influences. East coast nikkas claiming Malcolm X cus he started his activism in Harlem but was born in the south. All sides calling each other c00ns.

:mjlol:

Some of yall take black pride to some narcissistic level for real. Black America--Texans, NYers, Californians, Americans, Caribbeans and Africans alike--will be celebrating Juneteenth on Friday. Stop it. This black-on-black cancel culture is getting old.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They weren’t nearly this big in scale or didn’t last this long in duration. Riots and destruction may have been a spark but it’s by and large the pressure from thousands of people coming directly at local politicians

WHEN MINNY WAS DOING THE PEACEFUL
PROTEST shyt, THE ISSUE WAS ISOLATED
TO THAT AREA JUST LIKE
WITH THE CASES I MENTIONED.

ONCE MINNY TURNT THE fukk UP,
PROTESTS STARTED POPPING UP
AROUND THE COUNTRY & WORLD.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79

PROTESTING DIDNT ACCOMPLISH shyt.

RIOTS & DESTRUCTION DID.

Peaceful protests since the start of the civil rights movement aint got shyt for Black folks except gettin' beat up and reluctant access to white ppl, whether it be working with them, living around them or havin' sex wit em.

We get real tangibles when we actually do the opposite of that turn the other cheek bullshyt

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I’d argue both did, breh. Which is more effective, that’s another debate. Protests, no matter the nature, play a central role to enhance the visibility of the movement to a wider audience. The presence of thousands of people in one space for a cause is powerful and can’t be ignored contrary to what’s said on here.
And coronavirus lowkey helped with the imagery.

People believe so strongly in a cause that they're willing risk their health

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it's exclusive to Texas cause it's the day when slaves in Texas finally got their freedom.

The Emanicipation Proclamation had already freed the other slaves, Texas didnt get the news until 2 years later on June 19

Duh.. I know that. I’m saying if other states want to acknowledge the day that should not be an issue.

Should people only acknowledge and celebrate events that happened in their state’s?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
These responses are really weird..

:mjtf:

Because slaves were freed in Texas that means black people in other states can’t celebrate their freedom?

Now other states are jacking it? Wth??!?? It’s only exclusive to people in Texas?? :mindblown:

I’m certain those slaves and their descendants didn’t all stay in Texas so if black people nationwide want to acknowledge that day, you all are pretty foolish to criticize them for it.
fukked up mentality man

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Not to be that guy but juneteeth is a holiday that is specific to Texas because they we're emancipated on june 19th

The rest of ADOS had been free way before them. It makes no sense for people outside of texas to celebrate it
They dont kno breh...jus like w Mardi gras

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Not to be that guy but juneteeth is a holiday that is specific to Texas because they we're emancipated on june 19th

The rest of ADOS had been free way before them. It makes no sense for people outside of texas to celebrate it
this has always been a stupid take

aframs are celebrating when ALL aframs were free. Regardless of what state we we're in:beli:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC

You are THAT guy. If all of us aren't free...none of us are free. People like you are why the Europeans and Chinese are dominating Africa because you don't think as a collective.

There could be two groups of Black people, one that wears red and one that wears blue...you belong to the blue tribe. You see the Red tribe get dominated and enslaved by Europeans and you stand by idly because "well we aint the same, they wear blue, the Europeans dont have problems with Red". A year later the Europeans are storming into red town and putting y'all in slavery next. BUT this alllll could have been avoid if you fought with the blue in the beginning because you two together could have repelled Europe.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

I’m haitian and I think every black person in America and the Caribbean should celebrate Haitis independence as well because when the Haitians revolted they did it for black people not just for Haiti.

I imagine the Texans back then did for black people not just for Texans