NY Started Grills, So Why Does The South Claim To Have Started it

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
:snoop:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)

How the fukk do you think that cities like New York and Philadelphia got such large black populations?

Do you think that blacks just always lived there?
Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Great migration (african american) in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.
Other reasons this message may be displayed:

• If a page was recently created here, it may not yet be visible because of a delay in updating the database; wait a few minutes and try the purge function.
  • Titles on Wikipedia are case sensitive except for the first character; please check alternative capitalizations and consider adding a redirect here to the correct title.
  • If the page has been deleted, check the deletion log, and see Why was the page I created deleted?.
????????????, i see nothing

tf r u tyrna prove

PPL From everywhere have migrated to the south and v

NY Has alotta black and white,

Its dominantly black in the inner city/boroughs (Bk,Queens,Bx,Harlem,) The rest of manhattan is mostly white , S.i is half white half black

U Tryna tell me if it wasnt 4 the south, there wouldnt b blacks in ny or the east?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
No, they're not breh :heh:

considering just how long cosmetic dentistry has been going on.... you think that this is recent?

"Say breh, i got this crazy idea... how about you make some teeth, that i can put in.....and take out when i want :sas1:"

Gold fronts were invented by NYC jewelers...They had CAPS down there...fronts are not caps.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all nikkas DUMB AS fukk...the post is about GRILLS...not slugs...not permanents...but GRILLS. Reading comprehension 101.
Grill = Removable gold fronts popularized in the early-mid 80s NYC street scene.
That's what most people associate with hip hop. Permanent golds are old as methuselah and most people do NOT wear permanent golds. GTFO and shut up.

And the inspiration\idea for the grills just materialized out of thin air....?

You sound like them honkeys that don't give any credit for nikkas\blues singers inspiring\inventing rock and roll....

I'll let yall online nikkas keep telling it tho

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
its true about grills, but that shyt corny as shyt, we use to laugh at nikkaz in houston wit that shyt in they mouth looking dumb as shyt

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Must say this was some real shyt.......
But the South is alot more classier than we are credited for.....
alot more humble and well grounded, and we still show luv
to our East Coast brethens, dont get it twisted we give yall, yall props
but thats where it stops.....we couldve took yall to war years ago.....
we let yall live so many times.......so dont force the hand
Respect is mutual.

There is a whole generation that grew up with the south on top and they forget to show that respect back sometimes... U see it on here. Don't big yaself up by throwing shots at others.
its true about grills, but that shyt corny as shyt, we use to laugh at nikkaz in houston wit that shyt in they mouth looking dumb as shyt
Cuz they did it corny with them fake diamonds... Should a just kept it gold

Daps
Reppin
In the 1980s and '90s, New York's Eddie Plein started the trend, drilling gold in the mouths of Big Daddy Kane and Flavor Flav, and later Outkast, Ludacris, and Lil Jon (after moving to Atlanta). A few years passed before Nelly hopped on "Grillz," and that's when things went...awry: the Wikipedia entry for "Grill (Jewelry)" lists such diamond-toothed aficionados as Marilyn Manson, Travis Barker, "members of the metal band Avenged Sevenfold," and Ryan Lochte.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
the only gentrification is in manhattan(mainly harlem), but manhattan has always been cacville now they just tryna completely white wash it

and nikka Long island got more murders than any city in texas:mjlol:

The only place in the south thats known 4 da gunplay is the n.o

nikka that shyt ain't nothin to be proud of :heh:

NerdBird

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern Califa
Thi
NY started rap period the regional disrespect it gets on here is from some looser ass clowns who had to wait years for their cities to gain relevancy so they could spew hatred born from envy at NY. At the end of the day no one has surpassed NY in terms of classics, impact in the game and legendary MC's. This hoe ass NY hatred needs to die.

They were the grimiest hardest and realest representers of the essence of rap everyone else had to mold themselves after then got brave n cocky now you get disrespect that is just years of pent up jealousy. The grills the flossing the styles the lingo the aura of gutta elegance is all from NY.

Them other nikkaz gave u crayola colored ice and fake/ off brand clothing for years let's not pretend like the rest of em ain't just catch up but less than a decade ago...

Yes shots fired feel something bout it :mjcry:
this post made me wish I was from NY
Y'all have so much to brag about and be proud of:mjcry:

I swear i'll visit one day:to:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
You're continually moving the goal posts breh.... Jack Johnson had gold teeth.... in the 1800's.

even if you're to constrain it to hip hop, the South still holds that claim...cause they were already wearing slugs as a normal thing.... where do you think these New Yorkers came from?

Isn't the OP talking about fronts(grills) not gold teeth.

Nikkas bringing up slaves and 85 year old grandmothers all type of dumb shyt.:snoop:
y'all argue about the dumbest shyt to try and get plat threads, the thread says grills yet nikkas are bringing up when underground railroads members had permanent gold teeth :russ:
@megatronbomb why stop at jack johnson:sas1: do tell how harriet tubman had fronts too, hell fuggit dracula first rocked gold fangs b4 the Wu back in the 1400's:sas2:
:mjlol: i love these hating ass nikkas you cant make up shyt like this:bryan:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
HERE:
The insertion of gems into teeth has long predated hip hop culture, with rich Mayans drilling pieces of jade into their teeth.[9] Hip hop artists began wearing grills in the early 1980s;[3] New Yorker Eddie Plein, owner of Eddie's Gold Teeth, is often credited with starting the trend.[3][10] Plein made gold caps for Flavor Flav, and then outfitted New York rappers including Big Daddy Kane and Kool G. Rap.[3][10] He later moved to Atlanta, where he designed ever-more-elaborate grills for rappers likeOutKast, Goodie Mob, Ludacris, and Lil Jon.[3][10] Other writers have cited Slick Rickas an important early contributor to the popularity of grills.[5][6]

Grills remained popular in the Southern U.S., especially in Houston or Memphis, even as they rose and fell from popularity elsewhere,[5] and the rise of Dirty Southrappers in the 2000s spurred a nationwide grill trend.[3] During this time, grills frequently appeared in hip hop music, most notably in the 2005 number one single "Grillz," by Nelly, Paul Wall, Big Gipp, and Ali, and in other Paul Wall songs.[8] Wall is known for his grill business as well as his rapping; his clients include Kanye Westand Cam'ron.[8]

Last edited: