NY Started Grills, So Why Does The South Claim To Have Started it

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I've got pics of both of my parents with gold teeth back in the 70's (they both took them out years later) hell my grandmother was 84 years old when she died last year and had golds when she died and before I was even born. It's a gang of mexicans down here in the south that rock golds too straight from Mexico with it fam and it has absolutely nothing to do with NY. I aint talking about none of that corny pull out grill mess I"m talking permenant golds.

I wont even get into who did it better anybody thats seen a real set (SlimThug, Birdman,) already knows who really did/does it better not none of that ol candy machine or $99 grill in a hour mess from Sharpstown either.

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
:stopitslime: yeah im sure you got pull like that...:mjlol: fukking nerds man

Big Skilly its all luv......its a personal thing.....like i said if the South vs East would pop off anytime soon....
or shyt even in the last last decade or even 2 the South wouldve crushed NYC rap scene period....
yall have the lyricist, yall have the legends, but the war yall couldnt win......even now....with the teenagers and mid-twenty age group reppin the South they would end yall......the South have been a Epic Run i highly doubt will ever be done again......it dont matter how u label it.....Dance-Music...Trap-Music...Party-Music...Southern-Music has made beyond a major impact on Hip Hop.......and Big Skilly im not talking about killing all rappers
and having a all out war....i got pull round my parts but to old and mature to flex any muscle on some street shyt
my name alone in my parts have paved the way for my kids and future relatives to live in these means streets of New Orleans without harm....so this rap shyt and bull shyt East Coast shyt means nothing.....really....this is a opinion board....and the South has smashing shyt for 2 decades str8 looking 3 in a short 5 years.....

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
nikkas talking about they grandmothers had gold teeth? :what:...yeah im sure hip hop nikkas got it from they grandmothers :mjlol: who im sure didnt listen to any hiphop...but we got it from them :comeon:

Because OP said ny started it but many dudes confirmed we have family older than hip hop itself wearing golds/fronts/grills.

NY started many trends but grills aint one of em IMO

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Big Skilly its all luv......its a personal thing.....like i said if the South vs East would pop off anytime soon....
or shyt even in the last last decade or even 2 the South wouldve crushed NYC rap scene period....
yall have the lyricist, yall have the legends, but the war yall couldnt win......even now....with the teenagers and mid-twenty age group reppin the South they would end yall......the South have been a Epic Run i highly doubt will ever be done again......it dont matter how u label it.....Dance-Music...Trap-Music...Party-Music...Southern-Music has made beyond a major impact on Hip Hop.......and Big Skilly im not talking about killing all rappers
and having a all out war....i got pull round my parts but to old and mature to flex any muscle on some street shyt
my name alone in my parts have paved the way for my kids and future relatives to live in these means streets of New Orleans without harm....so this rap shyt and bull shyt East Coast shyt means nothing.....really....this is a opinion board....and the South has smashing shyt for 2 decades str8 looking 3 in a short 5 years.....

the south aint winning a south vs ny war

Especially with young thug the homo being ya HOTTEST rapper out right now and quan

Jcole is a ny rapper from the south , stole our whole style n errthing

Wayne was doing alotta eastcoast dikklicking 05-08 around the time he blew up n became the hottest rapper on the planet, STOLE Ny swag n errthing

the south only been hot for 10 years (tookover in 04), and its starting to fizzle down now that the west is coming up, Look around at the highest selling albums in the last 3-4 years
None from the south, Jcole sell the most in the south and thats cuz he has a ny sound

Look at the critically acclaimed albums in the last 5 albums , none from the south

The south will always be known as the worst region and the region with the worst rappers

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
sometimes I entertain...... but #factsarefacts

South Music > East Coast music...... simple and plain
and I always choose East coast music over any other region
but South has been cooking the game for a while now.....
u said the south arrived in 04 and gave us 10 yrs....
I'll take that....

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Must say this was some real shyt.......
But the South is alot more classier than we are credited for.....
alot more humble and well grounded, and we still show luv
to our East Coast brethens, dont get it twisted we give yall, yall props
but thats where it stops.....we couldve took yall to war years ago.....
we let yall live so many times.......so dont force the hand

"A lot more classier"

:russ:

Big Skilly Films

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because OP said ny started it but many dudes confirmed we have family older than hip hop itself wearing golds/fronts/grills.

NY started many trends but grills aint one of em IMO

:beli: so we going to act like we not talking about hiphop but in life general? :why:...im sure someones grandparent had them years before any rapper but when we talking about shyt on a hiphop forum we talking about who started it in hip hop...in ny we never called them grills...they were always called fronts...1st person i ever saw with a jerry curl was my mans uncle...should i take that away from the westcoast and say my man's uncle had it 1st? or should i say the westcoast made it popular in hiphop?

sometimes I entertain...... but #factsarefacts

South Music > East Coast music...... simple and plain
and I always choose East coast music over any other region

:dahell:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
:beli: so we going to act like we not talking about hiphop but in life general? :why:...im sure someones grandparent had them years before any rapper but when we talking about shyt on a hiphop forum we talking about who started it in hip hop...in ny we never called them grills...they were always called fronts...1st person i ever saw with a jerry curl was my mans uncle...should i take that away from the westcoast and say my man's uncle had it 1st? or should i say the westcoast made it popular in hiphop?

:dahell:

1.Breh its not like people started wearing grills in the 50's and stopped wearing them until new yorkers brought em back in the 80's. Non new yorkers were wearing fronts/grills/golds in the 60's/70's/80's. Im talking about teens/20's/30 year olds not just grandmas.

2. If dude said brought it to the forefront of hip hop I would agree but he flat out said started it.

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
1.Breh its not like people started wearing grills in the 50's and stopped wearing them until new yorkers brought em back in the 80's. Non new yorkers were wearing fronts/grills/golds in the 60's/70's/80's. Im talking about teens/20's/30 year olds not just grandmas.

2. If dude said brought it to the forefront of hip hop I would agree but he flat out said started it.

i was talking bout hip hop.....

Thats y this is posted in the booth section

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

You have to remember this is the 70's/80's nobody else was getting shine like new york (until NWA came). So everything new york did was forefront bringing/new . With your logic you could say new york "started" braids because in "The message" both them dudes got braids.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

:dahell:[/QUOTE]

You're continually moving the goal posts breh.... Jack Johnson had gold teeth.... in the 1800's.

even if you're to constrain it to hip hop, the South still holds that claim...cause they were already wearing slugs as a normal thing.... where do you think these New Yorkers came from?

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens

You're continually moving the goal posts breh.... Jack Johnson had gold teeth.... in the 1800's.

even if you're to constrain it to hip hop, the South still holds that claim...cause they were already wearing slugs as a normal thing.... where do you think these New Yorkers came from?

[/QUOTE]

nyers come from ny

nikka said jack johnson :dead:

Im talkn hip hop not boxing

That pic of meth was meth wearing a grill