NYC brehs, what's the dating scene like out there?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I was out there this weekend from Friday morning until last night. Had a ball in y'all city :whew:

Ate good (Amy Ruth's, A Taste of Seafood, Jackson Hole, Back Home Bakery:banderas:) saw comedy shows, hit up hella museums (MoMA and the Met might be my two favorite museums of all time) and even hit some clubs. It was amazing.

However, one thing I noticed walking around Manhattan & Brooklyn: the amount of sistas with white dudes. I must have seen it 20-30 times over the weekend. I never seen interracial dating that heavy in my life. The white boys they were with looked bummy as hell too lol. I don't wanna sound like a soft ass nikka lol but as as guy who prefers black women over every other race it was a little disheartening :mjcry:

White, Hispanic & Asian women can't bring peace to my soul like a black woman can

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
The dating scene in NY sucks.

I’m a 37 year old male who goes on dates often, smashes often, but this is just my experience over the last 2 years being single

The issue is….

There is a ton of competition (which I don’t mind personally)

The women are super jaded and looking for a unicorn

It gets expensive to date because everybody wants to go out and be seen

The apps are a cesspool of women who are simply using men for whatever they can get out of them

Unrealistic expectations

In other words, wherever you’re at is better than here. We might have the quantity and quality but the majority are not wifey material and that is a fact

Last edited:

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
20-30 times? I don’t think I’ve seen that mix more than 20 times in my whole lifetime being in NYC.

But I do know areas like park slope are home to a lot mixed couples. Been lack that since I was a kid.
Williamsburg is another area with mixed couples but that's like a gentrified area. Other than that, I mostly see black folks with black folks or with latinas.

If OP is looking for strictly black women, he should visit Harlem, North Bronx/Mount Vernon (A lot of Jamaicans in this region), Flatbush, Bedstuy, Downtown Brooklyn, Central Brooklyn and Southeastern Queens. Visit nightlife areas that focus on Caribbean/Afrobeats/Hip Hop

For Afro Latinas, OP can visit Washinton Heights

A lot a of our black population also moved down south due to high costs of living. Places like Atlanta, Houston, Charlotte, Dallas, New Orleans is packed with New Yorkers now. We everywhere now hahaha:pachaha:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Williamsburg is another area with mixed couples but that's like a gentrified area. Other than that, I mostly see black folks with black folks or with latinas.

If OP is looking for strictly black women, he should visit Harlem, North Bronx/Mount Vernon (A lot of Jamaicans in this region), Flatbush, Bedstuy, Downtown Brooklyn, Central Brooklyn and Southeastern Queens. Visit nightlife areas that focus on Caribbean/Afrobeats/Hip Hop

For Afro Latinas, OP can visit Washinton Heights

A lot a of our black population also moved down south due to high costs of living. Places like Atlanta, Houston, Charlotte, Dallas, New Orleans is packed with New Yorkers now. We everywhere now hahaha:pachaha:
Yea breh. Gentrified neighborhoods are filled with black people who mix date.