NYPD sergeant accused of ranting about Dominican cops in Bronx precinct

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cop1n-5-web.jpg

The NYPD is investigating a claim that a black sergeant derided Dominican officers in her Bronx precinct as “stupid and crazy,” the Daily News has learned.
Sgt. Tameika Goode is now the subject of a probe by the department’s Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, according to NYPD spokesman Deputy Chief Edward Mullen.
Goode, 33, made her alleged racist rant Sunday during morning roll call at the 40th Precinct stationhouse in the South Bronx.
Two police sources said she was upset about a minor car accident involving a man she presumed to be Dominican.

“She said Dominicans are stupid and crazy, then she started asking the Hispanic cops where they’re from,” said a Dominican officer who was at the roll call.
“Whoever said they were Dominican she would say, ‘Well, I can tell.’ Then one officer said, ‘I was born and raised in the D.R.’ and she turns around and says, ‘What are you doing here? Why don’t you go back?’”
“We were shocked,” the police source added. “How can somebody say that at roll call?”

Another officer, who is not Dominican, said Goode’s tirade took everyone by surprise.
“We couldn’t believe this just happened,” he said. “As the guys were walking, out some had their heads down.”
Between 15 and 20 cops were at roll call, about eight of whom are Dominican or part Dominican.
Anthony Miranda, a retired lieutenant and head of the National Latino Officers Association, complained to Bronx commanders after hearing about the alleged incident and an investigation was launched.
Miranda on Wednesday called Goode’s comments “disgusting” and lamented that she hadn’t yet been suspended.
“The NLOA demands a more proactive and immediate response to this despicable event,” Miranda said.

A source said Goode was taken off morning roll call.
Goode, an 11-year veteran, was not at work Wednesday and could not be reached for comment.
The two officers said Goode had never before displayed any animus to Dominicans, but they and another source said she has in the past clashed with her immediate supervisors and is difficult to work with.
Her roommate, Thomas Clark, 51, called her “a sweet young lady” and said he was surprised by the allegation.
“I’ve never heard her say anything cross or anything negative about anybody,” said Clark, a manager for New York City Transit. “We talk all the time, so I find that surprising.
“I know from my experience on jobs people will say anything to stir up the pot to benefit them — take things out of context or twist it in a way that works for them, not caring how it affects the person that they’re talking about,” Clark said.

:beli:
Which one of you coli members is this?

Actually I'm not even surprised.

:manny:

:skip:

NYPD sergeant accused of ranting about Dominican cops

Last edited:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
This is unfortunate, but why do I get the feeling that the white owned media is going to now be pushing stories like this to make it seem like black people are the "real racists," and try and associate yet another bad characteristic with black people....

Arc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SHES AN ANGRY BLACK WOMAN!!!! Guys every work under a white woman? Never again will i work for people but white woman are usually the most over compensating power tripping cornballs. I had to check chick 10x and watch her squirm until i finally walked out. Media wont show little aspects of society like this though, only pick on blacks.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
This is unfortunate, but why do I get the feeling that the white owned media is going to now be pushing stories like this to make it seem like black people are the "real racists," and try and associate yet another bad characteristic with black people....

What they going to push especially in NY is to show that blacks and Latinos in the department are having racial discrimination and not only white cops...

Don't be surprised to see more of these stories from all over the country

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Personally,

I think this lady was...at the most...just venting.
And probably just talkin shyt.

People talk a lot of shyt to push buttons with coworkers.

I wouldn't have gotten worked up about it.
But who knows the tone of how she was speaking...

The dominicans and other cops in the room should have diffused the situation by talking shyt back and cracking jokes.

:manny:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“She said Dominicans are stupid and crazy, then she started asking the Hispanic cops where they’re from,” said a Dominican officer who was at the roll call.
“Whoever said they were Dominican she would say, ‘Well, I can tell.’ Then one officer said, ‘I was born and raised in the D.R.’ and she turns around and says, ‘What are you doing here? Why don’t you go back?’”

:francis::mjlol:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I knew this fukkin goofball would be here.

:russ:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

:scust:

This bytch must of forgot she isn't white and can't act like that at work.