Obama’s "A Promised Land" Book Discussion Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Yeah it's a great book so far and I would suggest getting the audible version. You can tell Obama is coming from an authentic place but he ultimately comes across as idealistic.

Idealism has always been his gift and his curse. His story is so unique and many people have helped him, all shades of the rainbow. That's his blind spot though. Occam's razor type shyt with these racists. They show us, time and time again. Believe what your eyes are telling you and not beneath the surface at times.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Thought this thread was about promised neverland...:russ:

Read op like...

giphy.gif

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m about to cop the audio but I already know what to expect. Obama is a great campaigner, but he is out of touch. Especially when it relates to Black issues.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Obama's interpretation of the Reverend Wright thing really highlights the fact that he is mixed raced and that he is not ADOS. You can tell that he believes in the inherent "goodness" of white people for the lack of a better word. It's almost as if he thinks racist whites could can be reasoned with.
I’m an “ADOS” but believing a race is inherently anything is ignorant and flat out wrong. Every person regardless of race is capable of making their own decisions.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Anyone that read the early chapters about Barack and Michelle's marriage. He mention he started coming home more. Low-key is dude hinting at an affair at some point like on some reas between lines shyt.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Bruhhhhhhhhhhhh. It’s like there’s no benefit of the doubt left to give.
:russ: bro I mean seriously! I've been beating the drum like a wild man for years and he just drops this gem in our laps.

It's the most useful guidebook ever to illustrate how terrible his upbringing and presidency were.

:laff: I can just quote his memoir now instead of quoting a "political aide" in an obscure 2012 politico article.