OC - Jewelz is a masterpiece. I can't get enough of this album!

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't just a collection of great songs. It was a great ALBUM.

I loved the variety, the different moods, the instrumentals in between songs, the guest appearances, everything. It was just put together really well. All the songs complemented each other.

My favorites: "My World," "Far From Yours," "The Chosen One," "M.U.G.," "Jewelz," "War Games," and "Dangerous"

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best DITC album to me. And better than Word...Life.

"The Chosen One" is just :wow:

Yeah, I loved Word ... Life, but I thought Jewelz was just an all around better album

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what happened with Bon Apetit

:mjcry:

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Best DITC album to me. And better than Word...Life.

Wow. We go back to the SOHH days, so I'm surprised at this take.

Word...Life is perfect. Jewelz was dope, but it had a lot of skippable joints on it. Too many reaches for radio on it. But on Word...Life, that was just O at his most raw. That's a Top 3 album from the crew, up there with Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop and Runaway Slave. So as far as DITC albums, there are probably about 5-6 that I have ahead of Jewelz.

Last edited:
Daps
Wow. We go back to the SOHH days, so I'm surprised at this take.

Word...Life is perfect. Jewelz was dope, but it had a lot of skippable joints on it. Too many reaches for radio on it. But on Word...Life, that was just O at his most raw. That's a Top 3 album from the crew, up there with Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop and Runaway Slave. So as far as DITC albums, that are probably about 5-6 that I have ahead of Jewelz.

Don't get me wrong though, Word...Life is definitely a banger, and I even think lyrically is probably stronger than Jewelz. But the overall feel of the album coupled with the production, which I also rank above his debut, sets it apart for me.

Funny you mention Runaway Slave. My brother is a huge Show & A fan and that's one ofnhis favorite albums. I believe KRS-One also said that's his favorite album, or what he believes to be the best hip-hop album. Where as my go to Show & A album is Goodfellas, followed by Full Scale. I got both those over Runaway Slave. Goodfellas being my 2nd fav DITC project behind Jewelz.

I almost didn't buy Jewelz because Bahamadia on her radio show at the time was giving it a weak review mentioning it was too radio friendly, which is what alot of magazine reviews were saying too. I bought it and it never left rotation. Only track I skip is "Stronjay" and "Can't Go Wrong", and those aren't terrible songs, but they are the weak links. Everything else is top notch.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I loved Word ... Life, but I thought Jewelz was just an all around better album

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what happened with Bon Apetit

:mjcry:

Low key Bon Appétit is dope. Dr Know, Paradise, Utmost especially. It's a different sound but the production and rapping is still great.