OC - Jewelz is a masterpiece. I can't get enough of this album!

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Classic. I think its aged better partly because OC was a more consistent songwriter at this point and his references were more adventurous, and also the production especially from Buckwild got creative with the electric jazz samples.

Word Life is classic too but is a bit simple and old school in places.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Don't get me wrong though, Word...Life is definitely a banger, and I even think lyrically is probably stronger than Jewelz. But the overall feel of the album coupled with the production, which I also rank above his debut, sets it apart for me.

Funny you mention Runaway Slave. My brother is a huge Show & A fan and that's one ofnhis favorite albums. I believe KRS-One also said that's his favorite album, or what he believes to be the best hip-hop album. Where as my go to Show & A album is Goodfellas, followed by Full Scale. I got both those over Runaway Slave. Goodfellas being my 2nd fav DITC project behind Jewelz.

I almost didn't buy Jewelz because Bahamadia on her radio show at the time was giving it a weak review mentioning it was too radio friendly, which is what alot of magazine reviews were saying too. I bought it and it never left rotation. Only track I skip is "Stronjay" and "Can't Go Wrong", and those aren't terrible songs, but they are the weak links. Everything else is top notch.

Stronjay its one of my fav tracks, immaculate storytelling and that beatminerz bassline :ohlawd:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I felt like this album in retrospect is where all of the older heads should have went direction wise. Such a well balanced sonically sounding album.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Best DITC album to me. And better than Word...Life.

"The Chosen One" is just :wow:

Stop.

This album is nowhere near just for starters:

The awakening
Stunts blunts and hiphop
Show biz and ag first four releases
The original oc debut
Fat Joe second album
Return of rhe funky man

Y'all flodge'n in this thread frfr.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I felt like this album in retrospect is where all of the older heads should have went direction wise. Such a well balanced sonically sounding album.

Stop.
This thread shows.

Why I have never read any reviews of note. Let alone never read any reviews from y'all. Simply because y'all really do not post reviews.

Y'all must have lost a fortune buying music.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
one of the most well rounded albums of the golden era; radio single, production, quality features, deep cuts, etc....i put it in the same group as iww, rd, and r2d.

This was not released in the golden era.

Yeah.

Y'all so foo.

Art Barr

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
This was not released in the golden era.

Yeah.

Y'all so foo.

Art Barr
if you wanna win the catapult off a technicality, fine.

i consider everything in my teens the golden age. if i heard it at a houseparty in hs or on howard's campus, thats what i call it,

this wasnt quite shiny suit era.:yeshrug:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
just listened to this album for the first time in its entirety. Great album, deserves all the praise it gets. Definitely sounds like 1995 though