Ocean's 8 (Summer 2018)

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
They should just call it something thing else. That would go a long way to reduce the hate.

Like why the fukk is the new Mike Epps show called Uncle Buck :heh:
Straight up, if the trend was to make sequels to known properties with all black casts would this board be so outraged? If "the fans" were bytching about it would you be so understanding and on their side?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're shytting on the fans because of what though? Because women are in it? Now if you think the movie doesn't look good, cool but they aren't shytting on the fans. Fans are mostly mad, and you can check the history on our own board or any message board or comment section or youtube, all because of the women. That's the main complaint. How the trailer looks or plays is normally secondary to "Ew, girls, yucky" that's always number one with a bullet. Paul Feig and his team, which includes Dan Akroyd, didn't seem to go into this thing with the intentions of making a bad movie or pissing fans off. Fans were immediately turned off the minute the movie was announced because it said "all women cast" and it was downhill from there. If you can show me something to prove me wrong, cool, I'll cop to that, but how are they shytting on nerd culture or fans by having the audacity to do a gender substitute? As if everything ghostbusters related since '84 has been gold and above reproach.
I know this is an old post but the issue with feig and the creative team was that they focused on the girls yucky crowd and tried to make it as if that was the only criticism. Like the other poster said they decided to ignore the fanbase that supported the GB and been begging for a true sequel . Spy , bridesmaids and the heat were funny good movies that's why they succeeded. The first trailers didn't look good , and almost anyone who didn't like them were all labeled as women haters and then it was a boys suck vibe. He should of embraced the fans and reassured them there wouldn't of been such a backlash

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know this is an old post but the issue with feig and the creative team was that they focused on the girls yucky crowd and tried to make it as if that was the only criticism. Like the other poster said they decided to ignore the fanbase that supported the GB and been begging for a true sequel . Spy , bridesmaids and the heat were funny good movies that's why they succeeded. The first trailers didn't look good , and almost anyone who didn't like them were all labeled as women haters and then it was a boys suck vibe. He should of embraced the fans and reassured them there wouldn't of been such a backlash

And I disagree on him not engaging the fans. The only fans you heard about were the a$$holes. That doesn't mean he didn't listen to or talk to anyone who was a fan who didn't treat him like a second class citizen for having the audacity to remake a movie they love. That includes interacting with Akroyd and Reitman and Murray