Ocean's 8 (Summer 2018)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I disagree on him not engaging the fans. The only fans you heard about were the a$$holes. That doesn't mean he didn't listen to or talk to anyone who was a fan who didn't treat him like a second class citizen for having the audacity to remake a movie they love. That includes interacting with Akroyd and Reitman and Murray
Exactly all the fans you heard about Were the a$$holes. The fans who just didn't like all the promotional material or want a GB remake were lumped in as a$$holes. And feig was an ass with the way he was acting towards those fans

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

C3astF9WIAEkFb0.jpg

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Straight up, if the trend was to make sequels to known properties with all black casts would this board be so outraged? If "the fans" were bytching about it would you be so understanding and on their side?
Giving roles to minorities NOT the same as giving more roles to white women. :stopitslime:

This idea that white women are oppressed is stupid. They are just slightly less powerful than white men.

So in short, your post is a false equivalence

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is it a sequel?

Spin off. She's Danny's sister and as of now, Linus makes a cameo but there could be more.
Giving roles to minorities NOT the same as giving more roles to white women. :stopitslime:

This idea that white women are oppressed is stupid. They are just slightly less powerful than white men.

So in short, your post is a false equivalence

He's not saying white women are oppressed homie. He's saying that if someone decided to do a remake or spin off with an all black cast the tenor might be different. I don't think he's implying anything about oppression and probably lay more about other shyt

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Spin off. She's Danny's sister and as of now, Linus makes a cameo but there could be more.

He's not saying white women are oppressed homie. He's saying that if someone decided to do a remake or spin off with an all black cast the tenor might be different. I don't think he's implying anything about oppression and probably lay more about other shyt
No I get that. I'm just saying I just don't see the significance of the comparison. White women are the second most represented demo in movies, and the next is a very very distant third.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No I get that. I'm just saying I just don't see the significance of the comparison. White women are the second most represented demo in movies, and the next is a very very distant third.

He's saying cats are sexist lol. Point blank. I don't think I'm going too far on a limb to speak for the homie @obarth but yeah based on other stuff he's posted and we've talked about he's citing sexism