Ocean's 8 (Summer 2018)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Here's the thing though: they know where all the hate is coming from and where it will all be coming from and they don't give a shyt. If they're pissing off men who can't get over it, that's not going to make them change their minds. In fact, it's going to embolden them. It was Clooney's idea so if anything, cats should be mad at him. But in 2016, a studio isn't going to be scared because men are mad at an all-woman version of something, especially since women spend more money on movies than we do

Do they really tho?! In theaters? I wanna see some receipts on that. Reason being, while I get you that women may be more inclined to see any ole bullshyt at the theaters, BUT they're usually dragging their man to take them to see it (whom in most cases are the ones paying as well). Women very rarely go to the movies alone and I don't hear too often about women doing repeated viewings in theaters either. Guys do both of those fairly often tho, albeit mainly for bigger spectacle/blockbuster style movies. Not saying you lying or anything, I just want something proving that sentiment. Now if you meant buy them on dvd or smoething...maybe.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do they really tho?! In theaters? I wanna see some receipts on that. Reason being, while I get you that women may be more inclined to see any ole bullshyt at the theaters, BUT they're usually dragging their man to take them to see it (whom in most cases are the ones paying as well). Women very rarely go to the movies alone and I don't hear too often about women doing repeated viewings in theaters either. Guys do both of those fairly often tho, albeit mainly for bigger spectacle/blockbuster style movies. Not saying you lying or anything, I just want something proving that sentiment. Now if you meant buy them on dvd or smoething...maybe.
I'm only going by what ive heard directors like Kevin smith say. Kevin could be wrong but I feel like he'd know that kinda thing or at least know people who do

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like others have said: i dont see a demand for this film, think they wouldve been better off just doing a caper type movie without saying 'hey, this is directly off the clooney ocean films'....but if they keep the budget low, and make it connect enough to the clooney films, i can see it making a lil money....in the end, if it's a good movie, people will watch it....

and if it makes enough, i can see them doing a full fledged crossover with the clooney cast to cash out 1 last time....i bet the plot be something like bullock's character crosses either the french dude or al pacino, and gonna need clooney and the boys help....

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This gonna be worse than that stupid Ghostbusters remake.
zero chance. as long as there is a good heist, it will be ok. Ghostbusters swung and missed on every fukkin level. it's a flat out bad movie with or without the cast. i genuinely think anyone who liked it, only did b/c of the ridiculous pre-backlash.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Stupid series that started the trend of flashy heist movies. :camby:

Was literally carried by the ensemble.

Make a Heat reboot before this bullshyt :camby:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I bet the 3 minorities (Rihanna, the Asian chick, and Mindy) will only get a few lines. Rihanna will probably silently stand in the background while the white costars do all the talking. She'll probably be scripted to perpetuate negative black woman stereotypes and twerk for no reason.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
He's saying cats are sexist lol. Point blank. I don't think I'm going too far on a limb to speak for the homie @obarth but yeah based on other stuff he's posted and we've talked about he's citing sexism
I don't know why you bothered breh:francis: My point is clear to anyone not trying to purposely misinterpret my point because they have no rebuttal. One second a disservice is being done to fans by remaking a movie and simply changing the gender. Outrage all over the place. "Just name it something else" The next second I'm allegedly equating the oppression of minorities to that of white women by asking if the response would be the same if fans complained about remakes casting all minority casts. It's clear my question is based on the equality of the response and not the equality of the oppression of minorities vs. white women but to acknowledge that would mean he'd have to answer my question and he sees the corner he'd be backing himself into if he answered it. Dude really had the nerve to accuse me of creating a false equivalency when he was the one creating a false equivalency. Not only that, dude really thought he was slick by conveniently making it white women I was allegedly talking about. Yeah, I'm sure you'd be the first one defending a Ghostbuster's remake with an all black female cast, breh:dead: