Offical Thread : Klitschko vs Joshua April 29 : Somebody bout to get dey ass Koed in fronna 90,000.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Current Wlad is way more game than the Mosley that fought Canelo. Big difference

Wlad still had a terrible showing against Fury, and clearly showed signs of decline against Jennings, who was TKO'd in his next fight. Yeah, the comparison isn't perfect, but there are a lot of similarities there IMO.

Do you guys think 41 year old Wlad beats Wilder or Ortiz? Does he even beat Fury if they would've had an immediate rematch?

I'm not sure how to perceive all the struggles Joshua had in this fight. He certainly passed the gut check, but should Wlad have been as competitive as he was? Meaning, was Wlad just THAT good after taking two years off, or did Joshua struggle that fiercely against a fighter whose better days are clearly behind him?

I'm legitimately curious to see what y'all think.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Wlad still had a terrible showing against Fury, and clearly showed signs of decline against Jennings, who was TKO'd in his next fight. Yeah, the comparison isn't perfect, but there are a lot of similarities there IMO.

Do you guys think 41 year old Wlad beats Wilder or Ortiz? Does he even beat Fury if they had an immediate rematch?

I'm not sure how to perceive all the struggles Joshua had in this fight. He certainly passed the gut check, but should Wlad have been as competitive as he was? Meaning, was Wlad just THAT good after taking two years off, or did Joshua struggle that fiercely against a fighter whose better days are clearly behind him?

He'd beat Ortiz I think, Idk about Wilder but I would give Wlad at least a decent shot. Wilder has been outboxed before but his right bailed him out, he can't pull the same shyt with Klitschko who's circa equally big as him and has a better defense, decades of experience and more awkward style than Stiverne, Washington or Szpilka
Wlad looked pretty fresh tbh I don't know what was the last time I've seen him this composed and this mobile on his toes.

Wlad vs Fury is a different question cause Fury won't come at him like Wilder or Ortiz, I think Fury will always be a bad style matchup for Wlad but maybe if Klitschko would willing to punch in the fly on a rematch he could win. He did it sometimes against Joshua and he needs it to beat Fury. If he's gonna wait all night till he can set his feet then he never gonna catch Fury and surely loses again.

And we can argue about how good this Wlad is but I'd be seriously surprised if you would say wins over Andy Ruiz Jr. or Siverne are better than beating Klitschko. I don't even feel it's debatable.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Clear cut? He just beat a beltless Klitschko coming off a 2 year layoff and loss.

Its a fine win but this really feels like a fight along the lines of Canelo-Mosley... give the young fighter some props, but is it fair to give him too much credit for beating a former champ that was clearly on the decline?

I more or less find myself agreeing with @GREENandYELLOW on this.
Who else besides Fury beats a beltless Klitschko coming off a 2-year layoff?

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Who else besides Fury beats a beltless Klitschko coming off a 2-year layoff?

Does Klitschko beat any of the relevant fighters in his division? He has already lost to Fury and Joshua, do you think he beats Ortiz or Wilder?

Trying to come up with names shows how barren the division is.. but it also shows that Klitschko at his age just has no place with the current champs. Shouldn't this diminish the Joshua win, at least in part?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Do you guys think 41 year old Wlad beats Wilder or Ortiz? Does he even beat Fury if they would've had an immediate rematch?

I'm legitimately curious to see what y'all think.

I think he beats Ortiz.

In fact, he should have targeted him.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Does Klitschko beat any of the relevant fighters in his division? He has already lost to Fury and Joshua, do you think he beats Ortiz or Wilder?
Possibly... They haven't fought him or anybody that has beat him.

Ortiz KO'd jennings but thats about it.

Joshua beating Klitschko at 19 fights and 3 1/2 years of being a pro is pretty big

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Bruh, i just watched that 11th round

No WAY was Joshua swinging nearly as wild as Wilder does.

Wilder ass be almost jumping off the ring floor throwing punches and shyt. Joshua missed a few but in no way did it look like this shyt

ssEdn5q.gif
God dammit :laff::laff::laff::laff:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Great fight and what a win for Joshua. Shook off the KD, got his second wind, landed that uppercut from hell and put down Klitchold. Wlad showed a lot of heart though, went out on his sword.

Huge win for Showtime and Uncle Al :mjgrin:

How?:dwillhuh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
sorry for my late pass but just watched this:ohhh:

Aj collapsed to the ground after that knockdown, i thought he was out. it barely missed his chin. If it landed there, he'd still be out right now:whoo:

I think this fight plays out similar even if Klits was in his prime

he would have to open up against Aj, that jab jab hold shyt wouldnt work with him

no need for the rematch, klitschko gave all he had left into that fight

Would be a much easier fight for AJ if they had a rematch

ref stopped it too early, not saying klits woulda came back, but its possible that he made it out the round

I disagree.

I don't see Anthony Joshua from Saturday, beating Wladimir Klitschko with Emmanuel Steward in his corner:hubie:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Al Haymon has 2 top guys who will make huge money fighting Joshua once he splashes down in America. He probably has a few cans in the stash he can line up for him to get a tune up and get his name out there.

Not to mention Showtime isn't where it is today with Uncle Al :mjgrin:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I disagree.

I don't see Anthony Joshua from Saturday, beating Wladimir Klitschko with Emmanuel Steward in his corner:hubie:

lamon brewster is the only heavyweight to beat a wlad with a steward in his corner..so it is a possibility that Femi could have too

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Al Haymon has 2 top guys who will make huge money fighting Joshua once he splashes down in America. He probably has a few cans in the stash he can line up for him to get a tune up and get his name out there.

Not to mention Showtime isn't where it is today with Uncle Al :mjgrin:

that doesnt make any sense breh..showtime won as did hbo since both they aired it..but haymon, to my knowledge, had no stake in the promotion of this fight since neither fighter is under his control

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that doesnt make any sense breh..showtime won as did hbo since both they aired it..but haymon, to my knowledge, had no stake in the promotion of this fight since neither fighter is under his control
Showtime aired it live, HBO aired it 5 hours later after its been all over the net. Neither is a Haymon guy true, but Joshua winning and Hearn saying he definitely is coming to America means they'll be working with Haymon one way or another

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Showtime aired it live, HBO aired it 5 hours later after its been all over the net. Neither is a Haymon guy true, but Joshua winning and Hearn saying he definitely is coming to America means they'll be working with Haymon one way or another

hopefully..Femi earned a place on a list of fighters i need to see live..Femi vs Wilder whether in US or UK i got to be in the house for it