Official 2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Didn't gen have a terrible combine or pro day? I remember reading somewhere that he had a third round grade but because he plays a position that's in high demand some team will be dumb enough to reach for him in the mid 1st round and that's exactly what happened.
EJ killed it on the whiteboard. If Jimbo does one thing right, it's have QBs be able to kill it when it comes to drawing up X's & O's. Got him and Ponder drafted high

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh it makes me sick to mu fukking stomach watching these black QBs have their talent wasted with no one batting an eye or even saying what the fukk is managment doing.

From it taking russell going to two superbowls for the seahawks to sign / trade for a big play target for him.

To him being a small QB and them damn near refusing to get him large targets outside of graham. Even with a small QB like brees the saints have made sure to get him large targets over the years because he is an under size QB.

I said before once russell came in as a starter and was winning.....it didn't matter how well russell played. What mattered is was the seahawks going to replace talent on the offensive end once pieces retired or left via free agency. Because those original offensive players were not drafted/traded and signed for Wilson at QB.

Which is always the case and a reason to worry when the new QB is a black QB.

Wilson's career is very mcnabb like the way his talent is being wasted and how the team figures his mobility and hoodini like skills can fix the holes in the offense.

It's the Super nikka Syndrome. They don't need much help at the skill positions or O Line because they have the athleticism to make plays. At least Jameis is getting weapons.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
It's the Super nikka Syndrome. They don't need much help at the skill positions or O Line because they have the athleticism to make plays. At least Jameis is getting weapons.

He's in the same division, but I'm a huge fan of Jameis and am happy that he has a team that realizes one man can't do everything...should have a good long career with the way he's set up....

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
don't agree with the "Seattle ignoring needs because of Russ" angle. Before his 2nd season they traded a 1st and change for Harvin (red-hot commodity at the time), when that fell apart they traded a 1st and change for Graham. Worked out a new extension with BeastMode before he retired, gave Baldwin a hefty extension, drafted receivers like Richardson and Lockett early. They were about to sign TJ Lang but the money was even and he decided to go home to Detroit.

Some teams just struggle to develop players at certain positions, for Seattle it's the offensive line. When 10 players take up the majority of your cap space (Russ, Graham, Baldwin, Earl, Kam, Sherm, Wagner, KJ, Avril, Bennett) you can't outbid anyone for help on the line. You gotta rely on kids coming in through the draft and that's where they keep striking out.

Last edited:

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
don't agree with Seattle ignoring needs because of Russ. Before his 2nd season they traded a 1st and change for Harvin (red-hot commodity at the time), when that fell apart they traded a 1st and change for Graham. Worked out a new extension with BeastMode before he retired, gave Baldwin a hefty extension, drafted receivers like Richardson and Lockett early. They were about to sign TJ Lang but the money was even and he decided to go home to Detroit.

Some teams just struggle to develop players at certain positions, for Seattle it's the offensive line. When 10 players take up the majority of your cap space (Russ, Graham, Baldwin, Earl, Kam, Sherm, Wagner, KJ, Avril, Bennett) you can't outbid anyone for help on the line. You gotta rely on kids coming in through the draft and that's where they keep striking out.
Looks like they finally got a hit with Britt. Who turned into a solid C last year, became the leader of the unit in his second year. They have HIGH hopes in Fant who was put in the most impossible position last year at LT, and they got Ifedi who's got that nasty mentality they want.
It sounds like the three of them have been working hard as hell this offseason, I'd expect them both to take a step this year. I can't pinpoint what Glow has to work on but Gilliam has no reason to be on the field if he's not part of a trick play.
Last year was an extremely ballsy move sending Russ out there every week for him to come out with no major injuries.
Cable has had his time, I'd say his experiments gotta wrap up by years end if I was Pete :aicmon:
And I got no beefs with how $ is tied up with those 10 guys. Those are 10 solid dudes as you'll get at those positions.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Geno is lucky to be able to keep his surroundings and propriety etc, not many teams you can do that with outside of LA/Frisco

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Geno is lucky to be able to keep his surroundings and propriety etc, not many teams you can do that with outside of LA/Frisco

Geno's lucky to still be in the league and collecting a check for at least another year. That shytty b*stard.