Official Official 2019 Alt Music/The Lounge Thread

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Really heavily fukking with that Sharon Van Etten album.

Also liked the Deerhunter quite a bit

Huge bradford cox stan here. Didnt get a chance to bump the new one yet. will do.

Dont know if Panda Bears shyt is 2019 but i liked it Buoys.

And i dunno if it counts, but Solange dropped my album of the year. fukkin class.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just checked out the Solange. Love the production, not sure the songwriting matches but I will be revisiting it for sure

Got the Pond and Jessica Pratt on deck

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The Pond is OK. Production clean as fukk but frontman is still the definition of average and songs are not memorable outside of the few crazy production moments:yeshrug:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its OK but it sounds like KP is more interested in being a sound engineer nowadays than a songwriter. I have learned by now to wait until the album drops before I judge any songs though, as they always sound better as part of the full album context
It’s solid, bit disco, but does a good job of not being corny, which can be challenging with disco. Vocals leave bit to be desired. Overall, it grooves well. Enough good stuff here for me to very hopeful for LP4. I don’t have a reason to doubt KP at this point, even if I will always want something like Innerspeaker again

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
best quality Ive found of the second Tame single, it hasnt been properly released yet, just the rip from SNL performance

heres the video:

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It ain't looking too promising man

KP seems to have forgotten how to be a good songwriter.
I don’t want to judge it just off two songs, Kevin has def gone more pop, so we’ll never have another Innerspeaker