Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
There's a small, but slight possibily that black women may begin to rally behind Harris if they feel she's being ganged up on by the other candidates/media, again small but slight
Nah fam she done

She’s even getting killed in Shaderoom comments by Instagram models :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
America will not vote for a female president :yeshrug:
One of the most unliked female politicians in American history just won the popular vote. She was basically a statistical fluke or a couple bad campaign decisions away from winning the electoral college too. And that's despite running a terrible campaign. So of course it could happen.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
America will not vote for a female president :yeshrug:
I think eventually, but not this election cycle. I love Warren but I don't think she's charismatic enough to rally all the Obama voters that sat home, and a female candidate will just energize the white male non-college graduate group to go for Trump. Bernie and Biden are the best candidates to defeat Trump.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Nope not a chance... Black folk see right through that fake shyt... She can’t be for the civil rights struggle, attend hbcu and through all of that still marry a cac... That’s s conflict... if she was married to a brother and had black children her AG record in Cali would have been a lot better in respect to incarnation of black men because she couldn’t effectively look in the mirror and not see her husband and kids in those she looked up at a high clip...

She’s finished breh

This is stupid. You love who you love.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
33ayhy0dbrd31.jpg

:dead:
:laff:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think touring the south when she first announced has helped her pick up some of the black vote.

Poverty, race and reparations: Sen. Elizabeth Warren sets tone for candidates campaigning in Mississippi | Mississippi Today

HuffPost is now a part of Oath

Warren building unlikely connection with black female voters

Also nap posted a clip of Democratic voters after the first debate a few days ago and most of the black voters overwhelmingly chose warren as the clear winner.

You really still trusting CNN Focus Groups? Warren is behind both Sanders and Biden on black voters. Don't let her Hillary-adjacent online fanbase convince you of otherwise. Also, the odds of her winning Iowa, when Sanders has that much manpower on the ground and Biden is Biden is very unlikely. The best bet for her is to finish top 3 in Iowa and then try to overtake Bernie and Biden in New Hampshire.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Bernie ain't liked by Black America either. It's Williamson, Biden or Warren who BP like. Maybe Booker and Harris cause they are seen as Black but clearly not Bernie. Hardly anyone Black likes him
He has higher black support than literally every single person you named other than Biden. His Black support is HIGHER than his White support. He's polling at 16% overall but he's at over 20% in the Black community.

Already in January Sanders was polling at 57% favorable among Black folk. The only one higher was Biden at 68%. No one else was even close.

The issue is that some of y'all think that every Black person in America lives in the South. Bernie don't do well in the South among ANY demographic other than young people, and he does great with young people everywhere. In 2016 he beat Clinton among young Black voters, but he got killed among middle-aged and older Black voters, just like he got killed by middle-aged and older Southern Whites too.

But it's a different story in the rest of the country. Up in the northeast and the rust belt and the west coast there are lots of Black folk that like Bernie. One of the ways that he got his huge upset win in Michigan was because he more than doubled his Black support compared to what he had gotten in South Carolina.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Hell, I donated a dollar to give her another chance at mentioning Postal Banking

Thank you. New information. Rep. :ehh:

I don't think Bennett can do much to make a serious move at the Presidential nomination, but he could be a very good VP candidate due to his moderate status, which could help balance out some of the more leftist candidates. I like a lot of what Bennett has to say but agree with a post above he lacks charisma to hook voters. As a VP though, he could be a difference maker in an election imo.

Tulsi and Bennett are certainly aiming for a Biden administration seat. I thought Gillibrand was too, but that exchange they had squashed that idea. We know de Blasio gets no invite whatsoever. Don't be surprised if Secret Service prevents him from going to the inauguration. :mjlol: