Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I think touring the south when she first announced has helped her pick up some of the black vote.

Poverty, race and reparations: Sen. Elizabeth Warren sets tone for candidates campaigning in Mississippi | Mississippi Today

HuffPost is now a part of Oath

Warren building unlikely connection with black female voters

Also nap posted a clip of Democratic voters after the first debate a few days ago and most of the black voters overwhelmingly chose warren as the clear winner.

I'm surprised Iowa has enough black people for a focus group :skip:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
There's a small, but slight possibily that black women may begin to rally behind Harris if they feel she's being ganged up on by the other candidates/media, again small but slight
Idk BW I know in real and on this site aint fukking wit her....

Like at all....

Heck @dora_da_destroyer is like the loudest proponent against harris on this site.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I was watching msnbc briefly post debate and kornacki had some data

Obamas favorables within the party is 97/3

But people also were about 44/56 or something like that in terms of going back to pre trump days or going forward with more of a progressive future

What i gather from that is people view obamas administration as a stepping stone period to something better rather than an acceptance of the status quo of the time. I think thats what biden is grappling with. He wants to embrace obama as much as he can but also needs to display forward thinking. Hes not doing a good job of articulating that..perhaps because he is so busy defending himself
Tbf biden was fighting a 9 front war last night...

Everyone was on the attack. he didnt come out leaking as badly as Harris though.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden, BUT the Democratic party is underestimating how much Americans aren't with this open borders, decriminalization of illegals coming over here, giving illegals free healthcare, etc.

I'm sick of hearing about the damn border and so are a lot of Americans when we have our own issues.

So I do agree with Biden and these milquetoast White dudes on that issue.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden, BUT the Democratic party is underestimating how much Americans aren't with this open borders, decriminalization of illegals coming over here, giving illegals free healthcare, etc.

I'm sick of hearing about the damn border and so are a lot of Americans when we have our own issues.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
you may think it’s stupid. But you think Obama would have won the black community if he was parading around a white wife? :mjlol:

Majority of black people like to see black couples together. Kamala knows this, which is why you rarely see her white husband anywhere with her, and she rarely ever mentions him
was just talking about this yesterday....

Obama married an unambiguously BW. That spoke volumes to me, because duke have easily got with a ambiguously bw,,,,

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Yep while I'm not a fan of the inhuman treatment in detention facilities or the breaking of families / communities to deport someone that's working a job I wouldn't do, I'm not a fan of open borders either.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yep while I'm not a fan of the inhuman treatment in detention facilities or the breaking of families / communities to deport someone that's working a job I wouldn't do, I'm not a fan of open borders either.
Then let's not be honest with our language because none of the candidates are advocating open borders.

People use that term because they don't want to expose how they really feel. :yeshrug: