Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
“Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships because they knew death was better than bondage.”

Most poignant line throughout the movie. Surprised I haven’t seen much talk about it. Only came upon watching it today. Couldn’t forget it soon as I heard it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
“Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships because they knew death was better than bondage.”

Most poignant line throughout the movie. Surprised I haven’t seen much talk about it. Only came upon watching it today. Couldn’t forget it soon as I heard it.

Line stuck with me, honestly now I want to get buried in the ocean :wow:

also his line about their being 2 billion of us and t'challa was like wakanda first they are my people and dude was like all blacks are your people

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

She basically hated that line:mjpls:@6:35.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I think for T’Challa all he knew was that isolation was the key to success for his country at the detriment of the diaspora. All he knew and all Wakanda’s are fully on that mindset. Imagine if they were open in the early stages. We know cacs wouldn’t stay away, they fought klaw for decades and see how that CIA operative was so interested.

It’s a understated role and him fighting with being a king for his people, living to the Wakanda ideal and how the people of his skin outside of Wakanda are living when he has the means now to help and inspire.

Killmonger just resonates with people and why he wanted to take over the world and flip everything over. He made T’Challa see it’s time, its long overdue.

Then those UN cacs like who this fool. They’ll see.:wow:

Shuri is GOAT. :wow:

Just piff.

Last edited:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X

cropped-Po-prostu-Wspolpracuj_22-e1503950484152.jpg

:ahhhh:

I am Groot!

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Was a cool line, but really seemed out of place to me.

That's my only big critique (now thinking about) the film; they mishandled Wakanda's reasonings for isolation.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I remember worrying about all of Black Hollywood getting a part in this movie, thinking they would just flash their faces to get responses. People like Sterling K. Brown, Angela Bassett and Forrest Whitaker. But to my surprise, they all had perfectly sized and important roles. Its amazing how the director was able to get his monies worth with all these great actors.:wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Was a cool line, but really seemed out of place to me.

how?
he could have been saved with Wakanda's technology but more than likely would then be locked up in a cell, instead he would die and his only wish is to be buried in the ocean where slaves would literally jump out of ships to their death chains and all than live a life of bondage.

That line was excellent