Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
She basically hated that line:mjpls:@6:35.

Her complaints aren’t even accurate, like the women in the movie didn’t just serve t’challa. Everyone had their own thing, Shuri created all of the new tech for wakanda and will be had of wakanda outreach for tech, Michonne served her country not t’challa he just happened to be king and Lupita character was a spy who help t’challa change his thinking . People want to give critiques which is okay of course but when they are wrong and just fishing for things it’s annoying. And don’t getting me on her HATING Killmonger

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I like how anytime the agent even attempted to chime in everyone gave a collective :birdman:
Should have deaded all cacs after Killmonger put one in Klaw. :hhh:

Keep the CIA dude for the comedic stuff and then forget about him. Shuri saying, don’t scare me like that coloniser! Was :mjlol:. Those UN cacs gonna feel some type of way in infinity war when Wakanda is more open.

Killmonger just wanted to change the world for his people. Would have been better if Shuri did some kinda shutdown button for the ships instead of some cac saving WS.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how?
he could have been saved with Wakanda's technology but more than likely would then be locked up in a cell, instead he would die and his only wish is to be buried in the ocean where slaves would literally jump out of ships to their death chains and all than live a life of bondage.

That line was excellent

I know why he said it. The context of him saying it was over the top with preceding events and his dreams of seeing a wakandan sunset. Just seemed like some nice dialog they came up with and wanted to put somewhere.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killmonger was a cinematic hero to me. I enjoyed this movie, but I disagree with it's message. On MANY levels at that. I do not accept, because history showed us otherwise, that being an INTEGRATIONALIST, which T'Challa ends up becoming, DOES NOT WORK. T'Challa went out like fukking MANDELA after forgiving white devils for what they've done and allowed them to keep white supremacy alive. Killmonger was set to destroy white supremacy once and for all and they a WHITE CIA AGENT to shoot down their planes. I think of Patrice Lumumba and how the CIA got to him. I think of Mugabe and how he changed Rhodesia to Zimbabwe and now he's ousted and them little these colonists take over. Speaking of Colonialism, I think about how they took over the entire Continent of Africa by sharing these culture and their natural resources that they NOW control. That wasn't taken, it was GIVEN to them. I DO think about how these African tribes go about their business while the slave trade was happening and how we are to this DAY aren't united with our native continent because they view and see Americans differently. I have a deep issue with that.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
doesnt she date blk men?
I don't know, but her comment & the others in the comments section are why black folks will see Killmonger one way and whites another.
Her complaints aren’t even accurate, like the women in the movie didn’t just serve t’challa. Everyone had their own thing, Shuri created all of the new tech for wakanda and will be had of wakanda outreach for tech, Michonne served her country not t’challa he just happened to be king and Lupita character was a spy who help t’challa change his thinking . People want to give critiques which is okay of course but when they are wrong and just fishing for things it’s annoying. And don’t getting me on her HATING Killmonger
When she said MBJ plays the same character in every movie, and Killmonger was a simple villian I knew she was full of shyt.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also....

daniel1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqgTAY6D7EKZC68LBan7u1Rh6kbauLdibYBSrCETI9j2c.jpg
still....

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Killmonger was a cinematic hero to me. I enjoyed this movie, but I disagree with it's message. On MANY levels at that. I do not accept, because history showed us otherwise, that being an INTEGRATIONALIST, which T'Challa ends up becoming, DOES NOT WORK. T'Challa went out like fukking MANDELA after forgiving white devils for what they've done and allowed them to keep white supremacy alive. Killmonger was set to destroy white supremacy once and for all and they a WHITE CIA AGENT to shoot down their planes. I think of Patrice Lumumba and how the CIA got to him. I think of Mugabe and how he changed Rhodesia to Zimbabwe and now he's ousted and them little these colonists take over. Speaking of Colonialism, I think about how they took over the entire Continent of Africa by sharing these culture and their natural resources that they NOW control. That wasn't taken, it was GIVEN to them. I DO think about how these African tribes go about their business while the slave trade was happening and how we are to this DAY aren't united with our native continent because they view and see Americans differently. I have a deep issue with that.

I agree Killmonger was spitting fire from the Museum when he was calling out white people for stealing to the very end with that poignant line. No offense to anyone out there but the Wakanda way reminded me a little of nigerians and other africans in the sense that even though we're all the same black skin they look down on diff tribes or people from diff countries, like oh I'm Igbo I'm better than Hausa's. Killmonger viewed anyone with black skin as black, he realized everyone was needed to come together not division to strike the heart of white supremacy.

And like you mentioned that scene bothered me, the one cac in wakanda merking black pilots in their ship who were basically delivering the death star plans to white supremacy, dude stayed in that cockpit till the bitter end

then you got t'challa at the un looking like emperor hirohito at the Allied GHQ :scust: