Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
MCU crossed me up so much with the casting of the movie, I'm dunno what to think anymore.:russ:

Lupita is Nakia.

MBJ is Killmonger.

The movie will have Killmonger, M'Baku, and possibly Klaw in one movie.

And possibly more unexpected shyt on the way lol.:wow:
Am I wrong for hoping Lupita is really Shuri, the dude playing M'Baku is really Killmonger, MBJ is maybe White Wolf or another character. :heh:

Killmonger, Malice (assuming she switches up mid movie), M'Baku and Klaw vs. Black Panther in one movie though :whoo:

Don't want to run the risk of a Amazing Spider 2/Spiderman 3 with too many villains though.:patrice:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another female cast that's :patrice: in the looks department. Recipe for disaster folks :francis:

The comment you made about "rough faces" playing "African" female characters (or wakanda) in this movie

The cross the pond is reference to alot u.k actors in black panther
what's funny is they never have any problem finding drop dead gorgeous black women to cast to play opposite of white men or to put in a majority white cast:sas2:

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't know whether to :stopitslime:
:mjlol: or

at yall's discussion about the aesthetics of the women being cast.

I do think Netflix got us dime pieces in Simone Missick (Misty) and Deborah Ayorinde (Candace) for Luke Cage's show, arguably the two prettiest girls in the MCU period. So I can see why some could take the Dora casting a certain way but, i mean, idk :manny: (and that's with the whole eye-of-the-beholder/beauty is subjective junk). It is what it is.

Just call up Nicole Beharie already to play Monica, and let's call it a day

Jards

All Star
Daps
Androgynous?

Butch?

:comeon:

The Dora Milaje are bald warriors , man.

Stop dissing Lupita.
That's what I'm saying - fukk outta here that bullshyt.
If you find them attractive good for you but personally I think they both have a very androgynous bordering on butch way about them. Why aren't they casting deborah ayorinde, afton williamson or a Genevieve nnaji? They are trying to indicate the wakandan/African look is :patrice: and that irresponsible, an African can be undisputably pretty not just an acquired taste
so you would cast these over lupita nyong'o and Danai gurira? :patrice:

The movie needs powerful and strong willed black queens in it for the black excellence - fukk putting in no names that just look good cause they think they won't scare off the White audience. That's asking for a flop anyway cause those names don't ring no bells and aren't going to generate any buzz....there was excitement when Danai gurira and lupita were announced cause people love those actors from movies/tv shows that had a large audience/fan base.

Personally I think casting so far has been top notch cause I can envision lupita, Danai and move or be moved bussing ass - and I don't see the scary bartender from Luke Cage cutting it. And lupita is also bad as fukk so you're tripping....

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
If you had to guess what other characters are "needed" for the first film? (Assuming Shuri has now been cast)

Ramonda, no question. She's a widow now, in light of T'Chaka's death.

Then either N'Gassi or S'Yan, depending on which direction they decide to go.

The dark horse pick after that is White wolf, but I'm skeptical on him making it.

Then probably Taku. That should be it after that.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Lenny-Listening-The-Simpsons_zpsfzyvezbo.gif