Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Realdealholy Said there's people cast we don't know about yet.

Edit: Not to sure anymore. The vid posted over at SHH made it seem like they still have other actors cast without us knowing. However, I think he's talking about people like the actor playing M'Baku, etc (that people don't know for real) . Could be wrong though.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Lenny-Listening-The-Simpsons_zpsfzyvezbo.gif

:russ:

Pretty much, breh. Pretty much.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
That's what I'm saying - fukk outta here that bullshyt.

so you would cast these over lupita nyong'o and Danai gurira? :patrice:

The movie needs powerful and strong willed black queens in it for the black excellence - fukk putting in no names that just look good cause they think they won't scare off the White audience. That's asking for a flop anyway cause those names don't ring no bells and aren't going to generate any buzz....there was excitement when Danai gurira and lupita were announced cause people love those actors from movies/tv shows that had a large audience/fan base.

Personally I think casting so far has been top notch cause I can envision lupita, Danai and move or be moved bussing ass - and I don't see the scary bartender from Luke Cage cutting it. And lupita is also bad as fukk so you're tripping....
You are missing the overarching hustle in all this..Its one thing to have good action and a heroic leads from pillar to post but there has got to be a female in the ensemble that makes the blood rush. Peggy Carter and her t*ts made such and impression they gave her her own show. Natalie Portman was all face no body so what did they do? Put Kat jennings and her fun bags in there to send teenage boys into seizures. Gwyneth works for some but for those who she didn't they got widow in there to satisfy those desires.Antman had Kate from lost And so on and so forth, these castings for panther just sound like black variations of lady sith (only more boyish) and while that's all well and good it's not going to help with repeat business

Jards

All Star
Daps
You are missing the overarching hustle in all this..Its one thing to have good action and a heroic leads from pillar to post but there has got to be a female in the ensemble that makes the blood rush. Peggy Carter and her t*ts made such and impression they gave her her own show. Natalie Portman was all face no body so what did they do? Put Kat jennings and her fun bags in there to send teenage boys into seizures. Gwyneth works for some but for those who she didn't they got widow in there to satisfy those desires.Antman had Kate from lost And so on and so forth, these castings for panther just sound like black variations of lady sith (only more boyish) and while that's all well and good it's not going to help with repeat business
Breh Peggy Carter was an old ass woman in Winter Soldier and nobody was checking Ironman 2 and Thor 2 saying 'I need to see the new shyt cause Gywenth Paltrow, Natalie Portman or Kat Dennings is in it' - they're going to see Ironman and Thor fukk shyt up.

The casting so far has been dope. They've been casting big draw names that not only have Kudos in the black community but that are respected across Hollywood period - two Oscar winners (lupita nyong'o, forest Whitaker) as well as a rising star that now has a bankable franchise (Michael b Jordan). Those names are going give the film the buzz it needs, along with the hype BP himself has coming off the back of tearing shyt up in Civil War. I'd be more worried if it was a weak ass cast that ain't done shyt cause then it would seem like Marvel don't give a fukk. They even brought back in 'move or be moved' cause she was a fan favourite in CW off 1 line'. The hype is there and as long as the film is dope (which Ryan Coogler should deliver) then the film should do its numbers and BP will get sequels.

I'm actually impressed with how Marvel has handled BP to be honest - dude had 15 mins in CW but Marvel had Chadwick Boseman everywhere doing interviews over the Summer getting his name out there during comic con, CW blu ray release, etc and dude's film don't come out for 18 months. Even when they did the team ironman/team cap shyt on Kimmel they gave Chadwick Boseman his own spot on the show away from all that shyt so he could get his own shine. I can understand that people might think the film will get short changed because of the history of Hollywood but all the evidence I seen so far is that Marvel has faith in CB/BP in becoming a big franchise player beyond the Ironman/Cap/Thor era.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm more :stopitslime: at the fact that Coogler is going the cliche route and making Nakia a love interest.

The could cast Nyomi Banxxx as Nakia and I still would be annoyed:francis:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm more :stopitslime: at the fact that Coogler is going the cliche route and making Nakia a love interest.

The could cast Nyomi Banxxx as Nakia and I still would be annoyed:francis:

:patrice:The cliche route would've been Monica Lynn as the love interest. Most people weren't expecting Nakia to be the love interest and/or even being in the film.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:patrice:The cliche route would've been Monica Lynn as the love interest. Most people weren't expecting Nakia to be the love interest and/or even being in the film.
Monica Lynne would be following comics canon. Nakia is just following the usual thing in movies with royalty falling for the help.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Monica Lynne would be following comics canon. Nakia is just following the usual thing in movies with royalty falling for the help.

T'Challa being with Monica would've resulted in a lot of damsel-in-distress stuff which is mad cliched, unless her history was changed.

Nakia isn't your typical "help" and thus isn't your typical love interest. Plus, its comic canon that she does a heel turn and tries to murk T'Challa. That would be the first MCU love interest--and the first love interest in a minute really--to turn on the main character and try to kill the lead.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you find them attractive good for you but personally I think they both have a very androgynous bordering on butch way about them. Why aren't they casting deborah ayorinde, afton williamson or a Genevieve nnaji? They are trying to indicate the wakandan/African look is :patrice: and that irresponsible, an African can be undisputably pretty not just an acquired taste

There's nothing androgynous about Lupita. She's very pretty in the face and the rest of her body still looks quite feminine. Her only flaw is her boobs are practically non-existent.