Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
T'Challa being with Monica would've resulted in a lot of damsel-in-distress stuff which is mad cliched, unless her history was changed.

Nakia isn't your typical "help" and thus isn't your typical love interest. Plus, its comic canon that she does a heel turn and tries to murk T'Challa. That would be the first MCU love interest--and the first love interest in a minute really--to turn on the main character and try to kill the lead.

Coli black women threads after that are gonna be lit :dead:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a thread on the Marvel Studios subreddit about Black Panther being shown and portrayed as one of the smartest people in the MCU. Needles to say some of the answers are interesting.

Yeah we already have Stark, Banner, and Pym for the brains. That plus all the Hydra/SHIELD tech I would say the intelligent side is already well handled.

I want to see MCU Black Panther as an honourable politician/mystical super hero

I kinda wonder about this. It is not uncommon in the comics to pair amazing physical abilities with very high IQs and scientific achievements but in a realistic film world that is a much tougher sell. I would not be at all surprised at all if they reduced that super-genius part down to something a little more reasonable.

:mjpls:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Seems Dr. Strange crushed the buildings. :ehh:

It also seems that the door is open for Black Panther to be the movie that has a GREAT villain. (hard for me to believe Guardians/Thor/Spiderman will have GREAT villains. Although I still think they'll be great movies.)

:banderas::ufdup: Its on MBJ

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Best to just get Monica and Nakia imo. I know we're in the 2016 women don't need no saving, don't need no man, can pay for they own meals and be tough tomboys who kick eveyone's ass before the male lead even shows up... but some women are actually ok with the throwback Disney girly girl who gets swept off her feet by prince charming (who is an actual prince/King). And rarely have woc had a chance to be represented in that role.

As long as Monica is portrayed like Lois Lane and Mary Jane typically are, intelligent/strong willed/courageous, no american black woman is going to be tripping about a fictional ashanti being scooped up by a billionaire afrikan prince superhero. Esp if they actually make her a somewhat successful singer

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
@Realdealholy Said there's people cast we don't know about yet.

Edit: Not to sure anymore. The vid posted over at SHH made it seem like they still have other actors cast without us knowing. However, I think he's talking about people like the actor playing M'Baku, etc (that people don't know for real) . Could be wrong though.

So Boseman basically infers this is going to be an origin story.

which type of origin are they going for? The originsl one or of more of the the Hudlin retcon? A mishmash or their own MCU spin? Is Shuri going to be included in this origin? what timeline/chronology does this play in?

There's nothing androgynous about Lupita. She's very pretty in the face and the rest of her body still looks quite feminine. Her only flaw is her boobs are practically non-existent.

I honestly find this need to hypersexualize the female leads for the sake of it just because it's a high budget movie really lame. They don't need to be built like they're literally out of the comics. She's fine.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Coli black women threads after that are gonna be lit :dead:

Damn, they may feel some type of way about that :jbhmm:

Especially if Nakia is the only love interest for real :ohhh:

If Nakia's story doesn't change from the comics, might be best to include Monica in the mix somehow, even if its a limited role. If only to make sure that black women aren't portrayed in the MCU as the only women that would do some shyt like that, if that makes sense.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Seems Dr. Strange crushed the buildings. :ehh:

It also seems that the door is open for Black Panther to be the movie that has a GREAT villain. (hard for me to believe Guardians/Thor/Spiderman will have GREAT villains. Although I still think they'll be great movies.)

:banderas::ufdup: Its on MBJ
Whats with this marvel villain talk....we haven't had any great villains in any superhero movie since ledger's joker. The recent worst/terrible superhero villain is the girl in Suicide Squad

The dude that play Led sucked
The new joker sucked
Doomsday sucked
Etc.

These superhero movies haven't had any great villains anyway, I don't see black panther breaking that trend

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Whats with this marvel villain talk....we haven't had any great villains in any superhero movie since ledger's joker. The recent worst/terrible superhero villain is the girl in Suicide Squad

The dude that play Led sucked
The new joker sucked
Doomsday sucked
Etc.

These superhero movies haven't had any great villains anyway, I don't see black panther breaking that trend

I only saw minutes of the Thor movies, but what about Loki? Heard some good things about him from several viewers.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What's the Coli Consensus on the latest comic issue?

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I only saw minutes of the Thor movies, but what about Loki? Heard some good things about him from several viewers.

No, im talking about solidified strong villains in one film, loki became solid after being build up in couple marvel films. I like loki but some fans attack the "villains" roles now because its not badass as The Joker straight out the gate "Great villains"

In black pamther it might be one of those marvel films that might take a few other sequels/joint movie for the villain to shine but that doesn't mean the villain was trash or wasn't solid