flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Boseman basically infers this is going to be an origin story.

which type of origin are they going for? The originsl one or of more of the the Hudlin retcon? A mishmash or their own MCU spin? Is Shuri going to be included in this origin? what timeline/chronology does this play in?

I honestly find this need to hypersexualize the female leads for the sake of it just because it's a high budget movie really lame. They don't need to be built like they're literally out of the comics. She's fine.
I can see both sides of the argument.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
black-panther-extras-casting-call-207116.jpg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Saw that thread. I am not worried at all, it'll be fine.

Russo brothers probably didn't want to intrude in Ryan Coogler's potential vision so they played it safe as far as attire is concerned. And it's not unusual for members of the Wakandan government to be wear western-style clothing when they are traveling in western countries, it happens often in the comics. Usually in order to not draw too much attention to themselves. This happened a lot during T'Challa's reign.

In Wakanda, they definitely stick to their customary attire, whether traditional or modern. The comics offers Coogler and his crew lots of great options. Plenty of choices in the book to inspire solid designs for the film.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I agree and it was one of the only issues I had with Civil War. T'Chaka should've been dressed like he was in Who Is The Black Panther when he addressed the UN and shut them down.

T'Challa does wear suits every now and then in the comics, so it's not unprecedented, but he's NEVER done so within Wakanda

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I agree and it was one of the only issues I had with Civil War. T'Chaka should've been dressed like he was in Who Is The Black Panther when he addressed the UN and shut them down.

T'Challa does wear suits every now and then in the comics, so it's not unprecedented, but he's NEVER done so within Wakanda

And he won't. No Wakandan dresses like a foreigner in their homeland. I'm confident Coogler and his team will continue that tradition.

EDIT: We also have to remember, this was different T'Chaka we saw in the MCU. One that got old enough to retire from the BP mantle and ended up being more willing to interact with the outside world. This T'Chaka deciding to wear a suit makes some sense within that context.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Some of the pics dropped of the women in that thread :whew:
obsession-de-style-tendencia-africana-8.jpg

afwl2015-8777-2sm.jpg

Cjj5vMFXIAAbWKu.jpg

Jards

All Star
Daps

He was wearing an Arifcan type blazer in the Wakanda mid-credits in CW

Some of the pics dropped of the women in that thread :whew:
obsession-de-style-tendencia-africana-8.jpg

afwl2015-8777-2sm.jpg

Cjj5vMFXIAAbWKu.jpg
:noah:

Someone Tweet Coogler the Men's suits cause them shyts looked wavey AF