Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
need tchalla to be spittin straight ether and knowledge on fools, i wanna see that genius intellect and combat savvy...four steps ahead :damn: hope we see bast (probably after his first beatdown by killomonger and hes on the brink of death...then he tlks to his dad through the panther connection or whatever its called :banderas:
Yea we definitely need to see his intellect and his technology as well.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
So we got:

Klaw
Killmonger
Nakia
Man-Ape

There's too many villains here and I have no idea how Coogler is going to juggle them. It's a concern for me, really. They should keep the first movie simple and focused.
Batman Begins has Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, and Falcone all in one movie it can be done breh. I'd see Killmonger being the main villain with the rest being supportive.

teacher

All Star
Daps
The black panther movie needs to have references to the real black panthers movement even if it's jokingly...his advisors on some ' who you think you are fred hampton' or something... I want it all :blessed:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Batman Begins has Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, and Falcone all in one movie it can be done breh. I'd see Killmonger being the main villain with the rest being supportive.
Yea thats not a bad stategy :patrice:

The black panther movie needs to have references to the real black panthers movement even if it's jokingly...his advisors on some ' who you think you are fred hampton' or something... I want it all :blessed:
:patrice:

This got me thinking brehs. Should this movie even reference stuff thats happening here.

I thought it fit perfectly for Luke Cage. Not sure they go that route in the film. :jbhmm:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

This got me thinking brehs. Should this movie even reference stuff thats happening here.

I thought it fit perfectly for Luke Cage. Not sure they go that route in the film. :jbhmm:
They should. They won't though Netflix is catered towards older audiences while the movies are for all ages :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They should. They won't though Netflix is catered towards older audiences while the movies are for all ages :yeshrug:
Not that they're afraid. It just kind of goes back to @Ziggiy's point about The Crew. And thats what I've seen in other forums.
People think T'Challa's primary focus should be on whats happening in Wakanda/Africa related issues.

So doing BLM, or referencing Black Panther's in the states might not "fit"

Coogler may still find a way to do this. The question is would that be right?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
need tchalla to be spittin straight ether and knowledge on fools, i wanna see that genius intellect and combat savvy...four steps ahead :damn: hope we see bast (probably after his first beatdown by killomonger and hes on the brink of death...then he tlks to his dad through the panther connection or whatever its called :banderas:

I also want to see that mofo full of confidence. I don't want to see him coming of into his own or whatever that BS superhero trope they use. Even if he takes an L, I want to see him be sure of himself going into the battle, strategically maneuvering away from population, putting his people first etc etc. Actually I think they're gonna get T'Challa's characterization right. I'm really concerned about everything else.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Not that they're afraid. It just kind of goes back to @Ziggiy's point about The Crew. And thats what I've seen in other forums.
People think T'Challa's primary focus should be on whats happening in Wakanda/Africa related issues.

So doing BLM, or referencing Black Panther's in the states might not "fit"

"It is politically astute. It is incredibly socially relevant," Brown told ET at the 2017 Film Independent Filmmaker Grant and Spirit Award Nominees Brunch in Los Angeles on Saturday.

"It’s not just an action film; it addresses the climate today of Africans and African-Americans — across the country and across the world — in a way that people will really be excited about," he added.

This is what Sterling K. Brown has stated about the script

EXCLUSIVE: Sterling K. Brown Says Marvel’s 'Black Panther' Isn't Just an Action Film: 'It's Socially Relevant'

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I also want to see that mofo full of confidence. I don't want to see him coming of into his own or whatever that BS superhero trope they use. Even if he takes an L, I want to see him be sure of himself going into the battle, strategically maneuvering away from population, putting his people first etc etc. Actually I think they're gonna get T'Challa's characterization right. I'm really concerned about everything else.
Thats my biggest fear for why they're making it so close to the events of Civil War. He's still dealing with grief.

So it will be easy for them to
A. Not have him interested in any women.
B. Have him questioning himself after an L.

Don't want to see that, but...

What is "everything else". The story? The Villains? Wakanda?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Doesn't fit if T'Challa is going to be spending the majority of his time in Wakanda/abroad.

Coogler is smart enough not to make this an Americanized Black Lives matter movie. He's also smart enough to reference that sort of topic in a way that makes sense within the plot. T'Challa doesn't have to go battling the KKK to get across the point that black genocide has been a problem throughout the world

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Any idea how this film is going to handle Man-Ape?? Is Winston going to dawn the full costume?? Will they actually address him by this name? :patrice:

I'd HOPE they'd never actually call him "Man-Ape". It's one of the FEW things I've always respected about Coates. He called that Man-Ape moniker straight out as offensive and racist to its core. The point can come across quite effectively if he dons the Costume and simply goes by "M'Baku" as Kilmonger goes by his own name.

As far as him actually donning the suit in this first film, like i said earlier I'd be shocked. Klaw and Kilmonger, given their history with T'Challa, are MORE than enough to carry the villain load. M'Baku should (imo) play the background role so that when he turns on T'Challa in the sequel it will be more effective. M'Baku and Nakia should be able to carry their own film as villains without being shoehorned full throttle into the midst of a T'Challa/Kilmonger/Klaw conflict

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Thats my biggest fear for why they're making it so close to the events of Civil War. He's still dealing with grief.

So it will be easy for them to
A. Not have him interested in any women.
B. Have him questioning himself after an L.

Don't want to see that, but...

What is "everything else". The story? The Villains? Wakanda?

Wakanda - the look and feel, the weapons/vehicle...the entire production design - i don't want to see it look like Batman Nolan or Shaka Zulu. I want to see futuristic elegance. And the score, the story, the other characters...even if the plot and character motives are simple, they should move like they're still doing ish no one has even seen or done before - that's everyone.

The most simple and effective story would be people insiders/outsiders tryna take over, change or invade with the changing of the monarch.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Wakanda - the look and feel, the weapons/vehicle...the entire production design - i don't want to see it look like Batman Nolan or Shaka Zulu. I want to see futuristic elegance. And the score, the story, the other characters...even if the plot and character motives are simple, they should move like they're still doing ish no one has even seen or done before - that's everyone.

The most simple and effective story would be people insiders/outsiders tryna take over, change or invade with the changing of the monarch.
I trust the score. Creed's score sounded like it would be perfect for Black Panther.
That was one of the flaws of Civil War. Score was wack.
Look how more intense Black Panther looks with some real good music.

Can't lie. The new logo has me a bit worried they won't make it futuristic.
C238GI-XEAAehuP.jpg

However, Beachler did do the Beyonce Lemonade video/movie.....she knows strong visuals.

I don't think they're going to be too risky for the 1st film.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
tchalla better be a cinema version of capt sisko of deep space nine, other wise, his character will not connect.